plus sized TTC - Big beautiful mummy's to be

Louise40

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I wanted to start this thread for all of the plus sized TTC'ers out there who would like to share their experiences with other curvalicious women trying to conceive. I'm wanting to have a group of like minded beautifully buxom women who can support each other; where we can share our experiences, frustrations, and achievements, in the safety of a like minded group. I am not here to judge you, and just to prove it, I'm going to lay it on the line here.

I am a 28 year old teacher living in Tasmania, Australia. I currently weigh 164kg or 361b, and am 165cm or 5'4 tall. Most people I talk to tell me that I am in no state to be TTC, but I have had all had all health tests e.g. blood sugar, cholesterol, heart rate, blood pressure and they have all come back fine. My husband is also a big guy, weighs about the same as i do, but is also medically healthy. I have been big all my life, and despite dieting since I was 12, I don't think its really going to change. However I don't believe that I will be any less of a mother to my future children because of it. Having said that there are sometimes some special circumstances that come with being a buxom beauty and TTC.
If there is anyone else out there who believes that cuddly people can make brilliant parents, and brilliant babies, please jump in and share. :flower:

Hi!

I am 22 years old ttc #2 and I weigh about 220lbs. No medical problems either so hoping it will be smooth sailing!

Hi! I'm ana, 21 years old, weighing 220 lbs with only PCOS and asthma as My only medical problems Hoping to conceive My second baby. I love the idea of being able to share experiences with other plus sized women :)

Hi anagee, congratulations on starting the journey. My husband and I have been ttc for our first baby for 3 months now. We are hoping for a #BFP# for christmas!

Im not currently TTC, but wanted to share my journey as a plus sized woman TTC. My husband and I TTC #1 for 8 years. I had no medical problems aside from being plus sized and diabetic, which set in about 4 years after TTC. Drs always told me to lose weight and it would help. Large women get pregnant everyday so I never took it to heart. We also went through the adoption process twice, only for it to fail both times. I am 5 foot 9 and after 8 years of TTC I had Bariatric surgery, I weighed 382 pounds at the time. Exactly 4 months later I was down 103 pounds and we got our BFP! We now have our son who just turned 1 year last week. I am now 264 pounds and am 17 weeks pregnant with #2. I am not promoting the weight loss necessarily, but am simply trying to give hope to other plus size women who are TTC. I am far from thin and am still very heavy but have been blessed with a son and have another baby on the way. There is hope ladies!! Never let go of that. It may not be an easy journey or a quick one, but in the end it will all be worth it when you are holding your little ones! Good luck to all of you!!

Hi anagee, congratulations on starting the journey. My husband and I have been ttc for our first baby for 3 months now. We are hoping for a #BFP# for christmas!

I've been trying for about 2 years now. My daughter is not biologically my husband's but is her father either way. He is diabetic and has sperm morphology issues as well as borderline motility percentage.

Do you have a specific TTC plan?

Im not currently TTC, but wanted to share my journey as a plus sized woman TTC. My husband and I TTC #1 for 8 years. I had no medical problems aside from being plus sized and diabetic, which set in about 4 years after TTC. Drs always told me to lose weight and it would help. Large women get pregnant everyday so I never took it to heart. We also went through the adoption process twice, only for it to fail both times. I am 5 foot 9 and after 8 years of TTC I had Bariatric surgery, I weighed 382 pounds at the time. Exactly 4 months later I was down 103 pounds and we got our BFP! We now have our son who just turned 1 year last week. I am now 264 pounds and am 17 weeks pregnant with #2. I am not promoting the weight loss necessarily, but am simply trying to give hope to other plus size women who are TTC. I am far from thin and am still very heavy but have been blessed with a son and have another baby on the way. There is hope ladies!! Never let go of that. It may not be an easy journey or a quick one, but in the end it will all be worth it when you are holding your little ones! Good luck to all of you!!

Thank you so much for the hope!! My doc tells me losing weight is The best option. I hope we all can get pur BFP sooner rather than later :) congrats by the way!!

I've been trying for about 2 years now. My daughter is not biologically my husband's but is her father either way. He is diabetic and has sperm morphology issues as well as borderline motility percentage.

Do you have a specific TTC plan?

No specific TTC plan Anagee. I am just learning temping at the moment, which is giving me a better idea of my cycle. Do you have a plan? What does it involve?

I have known many plus sized women who conceived as easily as the most fit person. It's all about ovulating and getting that sperm to the egg. Good luck on the journey, ladies! :flower:

Louise40,

I'm taking a relaxed approach to ttc for now. Just taking metphormin. I am thinking of tempting once the next cycle starts. I want to get in tune with my body before anything. Before I had my daughter I was more in tune with my body than I am now.

Heyaaaa! I'm 24 years old, 16stone and 5ft 3 ☺️
First month of TTC number 3! To be honest I think next month will be out first proper month. I orderd some internet cheapie opk's and on my first stick I got a line darker than the test line... This was at 10am and we didn't do the deed until about 9pm so wether I've caught the egg who knows... We shall see.

My first pregnancy was a happy little surprise! I was 13stone so I've never been teeny tiny. My second pregnancy sadly ended in an early miscarriage and I was 15stone. Third thankfully resulted in my second daughter and I was 16stone 7lbs. Sadly my pregnancy at the start of this year ended in a miscarriage at 9weeks 1day, I was 16stone, I was previously 18stone but manged to lose abit of weight.
So here I am, 16stone and TTC number 3 ��
All of my pregnancies have either been unplanned or I've gotten pregnant within the first cycle of trying.
ALOT of bigger ladies can get pregnant as easily as a slimmer lady. I know I'm incredibly lucky to be so fertile and I'm thankful everyday ��

Good luck to all you TTC girls x

Hi Hannah, thanks for your post! I think that has been my biggest fear. Being a big girl, all of the doctors tell me conception is so much more difficult. Obviously they're not right. I found your post very encouraging! :)

As I said we are ttc #1, so it's all new to us. I have also been told that in many cases, larger men have poorer quality sperm production. Does anyone know why this is or if it's true?

Not exactly sure why but I'm assuming it has the same effect that women experience such as hormone imbalances and such with excess weight.

So after 45 days, af seems to be right on track. Aaah on to another cycle. I will try tempting this cycle so it can give me a better idea of ovulation.

So after 45 days, af seems to be right on track. Aaah on to another cycle. I will try tempting this cycle so it can give me a better idea of ovulation.

That's disappointing anagee, keep strong. Temping has helped me this month. For the first time I have been able to pinpoint my O day which is a huge step in the right direction. :)

Hi Hannah, thanks for your post! I think that has been my biggest fear. Being a big girl, all of the doctors tell me conception is so much more difficult. Obviously they're not right. I found your post very encouraging! :)

Honestly hun I've known so many women even bigger than me who have gotten pregnant easy peesy! Obviously the doctors are right, some bigger ladies will find it abit more difficult but get baby dancing on the regular and you'll soon find out :winkwink: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->