PMA - Tips, Suggestions and Positivity

Omi

A Mummy At Last!
Reaction score
Right. So i notice this section can be a bit doom and gloom - for obvious reasons. There was a very informative posting on happy childless couples on here. Well, this is for those of us who are not, but putting a positive slant on it.

Ok. So we don't have kids. We'd like to be family:
So what do you do to boost your positivity and your mindset?

What do you tell yourself when it all seems like a tunnel with no light at the end of it?

Come on and tell us and boost not yourself but others, any positivity will do. But most likely how you do with those dark hours when all seems pointless and you feel like you'll never be victorious?

I'll start off by saying, im not alone. Many people have succeeded where im battling. I think of people who have had babies at a late age. I think, ' ok so, im not 20 but a good egg drops now and then, and all i have to do is catch it - and i will.

If you keep battling - you will win - in the end - and Im not giving up. Glass is half full and all that, lol!!

Omi xxx

Some days I have good pma, and some days I dont.....:shrug:

The one thing I always say to myself is "I got married late in life, and I will get pregnant late in life" (soon I hope)

I got :wedding: at age 36, ttc for 3 years and not giving up for a few more:thumbup:

I we dont concieve, I will just be blessed with what I have:hugs:

Manicure&pedicure, massage or a facial helps sometimes too. Or perhaps go see a movie, theatre etc. Just any distraction.

Whenever I get frustrated and upset I remind myself that there are many more women out there that have been TTC longer than me and so many of them go on to achieve the coveted BFP.

I say to myself that my BFP is just around the corner and that anything worth having in life is not achieved easily, you have to work at it. Some of us just have to work a little harder than others.

The baby that I long for is not ready to meet me just yet and he/she will choose when to take up tenancy in my tummy.

As hard as some days can be I am not prepared to give up yet as I want a baby more than anything else and accepting a life without a family is just not an option for me right now. So I continue to wage war on my infertility and seek new strategies to win.

I tell myself that the doctors cannot find anything wrong with either of us so after far too many years on BCP my body has forgotten that it can get pregnant. It is now up to me and my doctors to remind it how it should work.

I read a great comment somewhere about someone who pointed out that each egg has the potential to make a different person and when the right child is ready to be born they will be! If our parents had got pregnant the month before or after we wouldn't be the people we are!

You know, I'm 41.....and if you really asked me, deep inside what I felt....I'd tell you that I'm still amazed that I'm actually old enough to even have kids....never mind be worrying about being the wrong end of the scale.

I'm only 41 for chrissake....I'm still young, and I've given up worrying if someone 5 or 10 years younger than me, thinke they are old.....I'm not!

Listen to your heart......cos mine is telling me that I can still have a child if I want to. Things don't come easy to me in life....they never have (read all 500 pages of my journal if you think I'm being dramatic there - you'll see what I mean) but why should they if they are worth having. I didn't meet my soulmate untl I was well into my 30's, my daughter didn't happen easy at all, and even when she arrived, we had to fight for her life, and mine since.....but she, and our family unit, is the most precious thing on this earth, and if I have to wait a little longer for my next baby, then it will just make it all the more worth while.

So....I look forward to my next BFP and holding my baby in my arms....thats what I do! xx

Wow I am glad I found this thread! :flower:

The positive things I think to keep myself going are

I have an amazing partner, he is my soul mate and Mr right, I had to wait til I was 32 to meet him, it was def worth the wait....in the same way I may have to wait a little longer than expected to have a child, but it will happen, I am determined, already trying again soon after last MC 6 weeks ago. :wacko:

It's made me realise I am a stronger person than I thought. :winkwink:

I read a great quote by John Wayne funnily enough, I liked it.

'True courage is when you are scared to death and STILL saddle up and ride in.'

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::dust:

Wow! you ladies ROCK! loved reading your post. I am 37 yrs old ttc our 1st for 2.5 years, I had 9 fibroids removed in January, and just getting back to ttc after a 6 month break. This has not been an easy journey and just as Lyns said nothing in my life has been easy but when It finally happens it has always been at the right moment and well worth the wait. I know that I am going to have a baby one day, and I know the fact that it's been so hard is gong to make me a better mother for having waited. I believe that God is going to bless us when it is our time, and I don't want it a minute before it is my time, I want the baby that is meant for me, and I know he/she is going to be special and perfectly healthy, regardless of my age and the risk! I'm not saying I don't get impatient because the waiting is the hardest part, but I know my time is coming, so I'll just wait and keep trying, I'm not ready to give up yet.

Hi girls great thread. Im the positive happy news story...

I was TTC for 2 years in that two years had 5 miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy. I also had ovulation problems and low progesterone. By joining BNB it helped me get loads of questions together and tackle the health professionals... and hey presto, here I am 16 weeks pregnant.

I was on Clomid to help me ovulate earlier (which I will never know if it helped or not) and had a great consultant. We had given up hope of getting a BFP after my ectopic in November 2009 and by April were already talking about moving home and forgetting all about TTC and hey presto we went away for a mucky weekend (hehe) and got our BFP two weeks later.

Im also 38 and hubby is 42 we already have two children aged 17 and 9.

I would have tried for an eternity to get my bundle and would have taken as much help and support as I could have. Yes I lost my PMA countless times and the 2ww was the evil time of the month worse than the AF arriving but I had four fertile days a month to make it happen and we managed to do it. I bet I have spent hundreds of pounds on pills, potions, tests etc but I would do it all over again.

I think my only difference in my BFP month was I got drunk, we had sex once every 18 hours to catch the egg and I ate what I wanted for a change !! But it worked so I must have done summat right.

I just hope that bubs is here to stay and I wish you ladies all the luck in the world, and I hope u dont mind me intruding xxxxx

Fluffyblue, thanks so much for sharing your story and giving us hope, I'm super happy for you and wish you a happy and healthy nine months, and a happy healthy baby.

Hah ha Fluffyblue u sure did put my smile back on my face :) Thanx

Hi girls great thread. Im the positive happy news story...

I was TTC for 2 years in that two years had 5 miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy. I also had ovulation problems and low progesterone. By joining BNB it helped me get loads of questions together and tackle the health professionals... and hey presto, here I am 16 weeks pregnant.

I was on Clomid to help me ovulate earlier (which I will never know if it helped or not) and had a great consultant. We had given up hope of getting a BFP after my ectopic in November 2009 and by April were already talking about moving home and forgetting all about TTC and hey presto we went away for a mucky weekend (hehe) and got our BFP two weeks later.

Im also 38 and hubby is 42 we already have two children aged 17 and 9.

I would have tried for an eternity to get my bundle and would have taken as much help and support as I could have. Yes I lost my PMA countless times and the 2ww was the evil time of the month worse than the AF arriving but I had four fertile days a month to make it happen and we managed to do it. I bet I have spent hundreds of pounds on pills, potions, tests etc but I would do it all over again.

I think my only difference in my BFP month was I got drunk, we had sex once every 18 hours to catch the egg and I ate what I wanted for a change !! But it worked so I must have done summat right.

I just hope that bubs is here to stay and I wish you ladies all the luck in the world, and I hope u dont mind me intruding xxxxx

Thank you so much for sharing your story, you give me such great hope as we too have been trying for two years and have had 8 early m/c's and tbh have sort of given up i havent touched alcohol in such a long time and was thinking about having a larger tomorrow night on a night out so i just might now and now worry about it THANK YOU XXXXX

Fluffyblue that is such wonderful news and just what us ladies need to hear to keep us going. :happydance:

I have been following so many rules for such a while now as I guess you sometimes feel like if you let a few slip during the month it may harm your chances of the BFP. It all gets a bit much a times so it is great to know that you got your BFP while being totally normal for a change and enjoying life.

Inkdchick my heart really goes out to you with your losses and I hope and pray that you get a sticky bean very soon :hugs:

I'm new here and just want to say thank you for all your stories! I'm glad to see those of you (like me) that have gotten married later in life (I was 34) and are now TTC #1 later in life too (now 37). I know it'll happen when it's supposed to, but my younger brother and his wife are pregnant and sometimes it's hard to stay positive and put on a happy face. Thanks again to everyone offering support here!

hi lyns
Well said, i'm 40 and feel very young, I get dragged down now and again but mostly positive and as you say feel I'm not old enough to have a young family!! I have a 13month old little boy. I'm in your area, im on Anglesey. I feel very positive now bin trying again for 6 months and had 2 losses but I feel its only round the corner now!
Bex

Thanks guys for sharing. Its was this stuff i was thinking of when i started this thread, you know :)

I'll leave you with this quote:

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. ~Anne Lamott

Omi xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->