• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PMDD anyone?

Varenne

Reaction score
Once a month I turn into an angry person. I get snappy, which makes my partner resentful and he stops talking to me for hours on end. The situation escalates badly because I HATE being ignored by him so much. I end up a sobbing mess begging him to talk again, which is humiliating and lame and just gives him more fuel for his "she's being so unreasonable right now" thing he's got going on. I know he should be working to understand my biological problem and be more supportive, and I should work on just leaving the house when I feel that way or he's ignoring me. The silent treatment gives him power when he feels powerless and I hand it over by being devastated. For 28 days in the month our relationship is heavenly, but for 2 days or so we get this exchange.

Anyway, this isn't why I'm making the thread, I'm not after relationship advice. I'm looking for other sufferers of PMDD or severe PMS or somebody else who understands just how powerful hormonal changes can be. I'm concerned about what will happen during pregnancy if it's already this bad monthly. I don't want to be abandoned emotionally if I become crabby/tearful. Is anybody out there like me?

The only thing that helped me was antidepressants, but their side effects were far too strong (they've totally ruined my ability to enjoy sex/be creative or excited and it's been months since I've been off them)

Feeling a bit alone with this.

there are tons of different anti depressents out there maybe its finding the right one with the right amount..
also i would have your ob or midwife talk to you oh and let them know exactly what this does to people who have it, that its not just you and that he should be more understanding..
alot of times they do feel out of control like they cant do anything to fix it and they tend to get annoyed...and the opposite of caring which he should be doing comes out..
maybe if its explained to him by a professional it may help you guys and him out more..
adding more understanding to the situation..
with my x husband he didnt believe in depression so i took him to my doctor and had him explain that depression is a real disease as much as cancer and he explained detail to detail in words he would understand..he now believes in it..

good luck hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->