PMS *twice* a month???

MrsR3AM5

TTC and Mommy to an angel
Reaction score
So...I just moved in with DH 5 months ago after our wedding. The adjustment has been WAY hard...We fight often. I keep saying it's just the first year of adjusting to living with each other, it will get better...he thinks it's the end of the world. I *definitely* get emotional and combative around AF and we usually have big fights then. This month, I also noticed that right around O, I wanted to withdraw emotionally and got particularly upset about little things.

So here's my theory, which I wanted to get some feedback on: Right after O, estrogen drops, right? But progesterone doesn't fully kick in for me for a few days (I chart, so can see the temp change from each hormone). I'm wondering if the low hormone levels are contributing to my emotional-ness around O, in addition to right before AF.

Any thoughts? And if the above is the case, how to smooth out my hormone/emotions so my poor hubby doesn't go crazy???

I get the same thing, I get mood swings both around ovulation and usually the day or so before my period. I don't have any good suggestions but recognizing its hormonal can be helpful in figuring out to back off. Make sure you are eating a healthy diet and getting regular exercise. Other ways of smoothing out hormone levels (anti-depressants, birth control pills) can be counterproductive to TTC!

Thanks for sharing first off. Let's see in the past week (my pms ) week my husband has called me a bitch to my face and last night a freak behind my back when he thought i couldn't hear. I think you maybe right I have heard others getting emotional around o time. Thank god I don't I might be buried in the back yard (kdding kind of). We fought a lot too the first year of marriage. I expected him to love me unconditionally and that is a bit much for someone who is not your parent. We do better now. He lashes out when i have hurt his feelings. I can his hurt his feelings by doing just about anything including withdrawing a bit. I am so tired once the kids are down and night when i have pms I just want to read a book. Oh and I do not want a person to "tease" me either. To me teasing is being mean and then saying I was just having fun with you. UGh will they ever learn. I have been with dh 11 yrs and we still have this fight about who is more sensitive.

Yes the first year is definateatly hard. I met my husband at 35 and moved in with him and felt sufficated. We also had two cats each and they didn't get along. We also moved to the middle of the country from the west coast. I thought we would be divorced on the first year. We have been married 8 years now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->