PND a year in?

missusgee

Reaction score
My boss Sat me down and asked if I may be struggling with PND yesterday. (I work in mental health so this wasn't completely random!). I've not really thought about 'labelling' it before but I know I'm not coping with certain things at the moment, particularly at work.

At home and especially with LO I put on a big happy face and get on with things but I've been so emotional for a while now. Mainly I am exhausted and have to do everything for LO in the week as OH works long hours. Things came to a head last week when OH went out for the night and returned at 4am, I don't mind him going out but felt my face was rubbed in it as I haven't and can't go out as we have no babysitter or family that live close by. MIL has LO one day a week and lives an hour away so I can't ask her to babysit anymore. I'm just feeling like my life is just work and childcare and I have no me time or able to socialize.

I did speak to OH lastnight, and while he listened I don't think he really understands :cry:

Is anyone else in a similar position or been through this?

Me.

Since dh has started working away it's worse.
With DS im fine I adore him, but anyone else feels my wrath. I've been short and agitated non stop.

I had my developmental with DS and the health nurse and doctor gave me antidepressants and councilling sessions.
I love dh he doesn't understand.

Huge :hugs: I'm the same as you it's not easy.

Thanks claudinator, that's really comforting to know. :hugs:

I love my LO so much, he's my everything, but I just feel so lonely and exhausted. I've spoken to my sister and MIL about this and they admitted they had concerns but didn't know how to approach it. The important thing is that now I can recognise I'm not coping as well as I thought I was I can get the help I need. I'm going to call gp on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->