PND/ Depression

Caroline

Proud Mum of 4
Reaction score
I have been logging regularly to keep up with the news as best as can but 1000+ posts is quite difficukt so I rarely post!

However I've been signed off for a couple of weeks and really need some advice girls.

Briefly I've had a lot of hassle @ work and am generally finding things hard especially as most of the colleagues I was close to have left. I've been struggling going to work, not enjoying ny doy off, been very irritable and bad tempered. I know I've not been myself and was planning on going to Dr's in a month or so if things hadn't improved. ( I had my reasons for wanting wait).
However on Sunday it all came to head and DH found me stood cryng my eyes out in the kitchen. I put it down to hormones etc and the utility full of wshing. I was no better on Monday so went to see GP. BY time I went to see him I was feeling a bit beteer and actually felt a fraud sitting in waiting room. Got called into see him and burst into tears ( I felt a total muppet).
I have now been signed off for 2 weeks with depresssion and if i need more time off to go back and get signed off for longer.
He offered me anti- depressants but I don't really want to go dwn that route if I can help it.

It is really weird, as one minute I feel absolutely fine, the next I feel a bit weepy, the next I feel really down, and think I'm never going to feel my old self again.

I can't afford to be off sick for much longer ( although if I do we do have policy that will cover bills).

I'm really not sure about the anti- depressants there are times when I hit a low (normally lasts for a few hours) when I really think I want them, just to malke me feel better.

I would really appreciate your advice/ comments.

Sorry to come back and moan/ ask for help. I've spent the last couple of days deliberating over to post or not:blush:

But welcome to all new members, and congratulations to all with BFP. Good luck with your Dr's Amanda, glad they are taking things seriously, hopefully the partime hours will help, fingers crossed for a BFP soon.

Not long to go now Wobbles & SC and Layla, hope the lo's arrive early for you.

I will stop rambling now.

hi sorry to hear what your going through right now i also suffered post natal depression and i did have anti depressants cipramil 20 mg took them for 6 months then came off them slowly down to 1 every 3 days til i didnt need them any more i must say i noticed a huge difference and i was able to cope much better im glad i did have them and wouldnt hesitate having them again if i develop pnd this time around either hope this helps

Thank you, I'm feeling a lot better this morning, hopefully it'll stay that way. I've got anoter week off, so Ii'm hoping that I can go back to work. If I still keep getting the weepy/ gloomy feelings I will go back for anti- depressants I think, at the end of the week.

ok lets hope the gloomy feelings disappear for you :) but if u do end up needing the anti ds then u dont have to take them forever only til u feel u can cope without them

Aww hon, I'm sorry your feeling this way :hugs::hugs::hugs:
I hope you start feeling better soon, and talking always help with depression. Maybe try this week to get someone to take the little ones and go out and have some time to yourself or with your DH, have you talked to him about how your feeling?. It always helps me to talk to my DH when I was feeling down. I went through PND after I gave birth to my son and my hubby was the one who got me through it.

I do try but just end biting his head off :cry:

I'm definittely feeling better, and my down times aren't as long, and I don't feel as bad just teary.

Spoke to GP today who said it was perfectly normal to have gd and bad days, but if it stays same and doesn't improve witin 2 weeks to go back for meds.

Am hoping to go back to work next week, but am going to look and make enquires about locum work/ self employed as i'm sure work not helping, 2 ppl handed in notice, 1 walked out!

Hiya hun

Ive been there before during my GCSEs and I feel like its getting me again now that my hormones are going crazy.

Im not really sure what to say but its really good that you saw your doctor.

If you need a shoulder to cry on drop me a line :) I know how it feels to ane xtent and probably helps to know its not just you.

Hope you feel better soon love

xxx

Well I'm feeling a lot better now & went back to work today. It was tough but once I got there I felt ok. Had a long chat with my new boss and hopefully things aren't going t change too much and late nights/ Sundays & Bank Hol working is optional.

Hope things continue like this, but I now know not to keep going on, and to recognise the signs and deal with them, not leave it for months in the hope i'll feel better.

Hope you feel better soon Linzi.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->