Pnd

Jewls

Reaction score
Ok so just going to put it out to here. .. when I had my son I'm sure I suffered with some sort of postnatal depression / anxiety ... I never got it diagnosed and never discusses it with anyone ... anyway 2 1/2 years later and I'm totally free of all those horrible thoughts and feelings. .. however I am now petrified that it is going to happen again and Im feeling really scared .. I really don't want to tell anyone just yet and I'm convinced myself that if I do feel like that again I will seek help this time but of course I'd rather just not feel like it at all as I really don't remember much about my sons 1st year really. . ( I never had any of this with my first child )
So just trying to ask really anyone suffer pnd but wentry on to have other pregnancies and was fine??? Need positive stories ☺ x

I suffer from mild depression and anxiety, but went off of my meds for both pregnancies. I actually was totally fine both times without meds. But I had a horrible labor, emergency csection and ds was in nicu for 5 days, that on top of my issues, I had terrible post partum depression. I startedy meds again immediately and felt totally normal again in just a few days. I've told the Dr's in advance that I want to start my meds asap, and they even said I can do it a few days before my due date. I don't want to take the chance of going through that again
Good luck!

Well my story was a bit different but I suffered from pnd after the birth of my second, who was conceived only 3-4 months after my first while on BC. I was not prepared and with two babies a year apart to take care of, I was really stressed. After a few months on the meds, I began thinking baby all over again. We tried since September 2014 and suffered three back to back losses before I finally conceived this baby I'm carrying now, so naturally you could imagine that it put me back into pnd, especially as it took about 6 months of trying after my last miscarriage to finally get this baby. I went off the meds immediately after becoming pregnant and, though I've had some times where I've felt overwhelmed, it was nothing like before. Now that morning sickness is over I'm actually enjoying this pregnancy and looking forward to the birth.

Having had post natal with my first baby I completely understand you're scared. I'm currently pregnant with my second and very nervous it will come back. In saying that I have taken every step in ensuring that IF it does I have support and a plan in place. My midwives and doctors are aware of my situation as is my parents and in-laws. They will all be very supportive and help with baby no.1 and no.2 if I need. The doctor said as soon as I get a hint of PND next time go straight on drugs, or like you said you've lost a year of your life. Not worth it. I would definitely tell those who are looking after you (medically) so they can be prepared, as once you're in the PND hell it's very hard to explain your back story. Sorry, I have not provided a positive story, but I can say that I'm ready to tackle it if it happens again :)

Oh and I should add - I was scared I would be judged by the doctors and midwives for having pnd in the past, but they have been AMAZING and so supportive. No judgement whatsoever.

I had a strong PND with my first. He had colics, never slept, generally was a difficult baby... Never was treated. Lasted for a year, when he finally slept through. And then it disappeared all by itself.

Was worried about the second, BUT second was a breeze! He slept, ate, slept, rarely cried...

I think it has a lot to do with the circumstances at the moment... I am having my 3rd, and hopefully am more prepared for a baby now. But, if this baby will be anything like his/hers oldest brother, I might be in trouble...

I do hope all will be ok though :)

Definitely try not to worry about it now :):hugs:

I had PND and PN PTSD with my daughter born 2014. Therapy helped no end, I'm still having sessions to help me prepare for next baby. I tried anti depressants for 3 months and they helped no end! Obviously not had the baby yet but a few months ago I never would have thought I could do this again and now I'm actually enjoying pregnancy and looking forward to birth.
Talking to people can feel so scary and first and can make you feel ashamed but honestly it is such an important step. Your PND may not come back but you could talk to your doctor just so they are aware and they will be there with extra support if you need it. No one judges you or thinks you can't look after your baby, I think most people want to make you feel better x

I started taking meds for depression 6 months after DS2 was born and I was still on these 8 months later when I conceived this baby but stopped them immediately. I have really felt the difference since stopping and intend to go back on meds after baby is born (or after I've stopped breastfeeding, not sure if you can be on them whilst feeding?) unless I have a miraculous turn around.

I think its postnatal depression as it started a few months after DS2 was born but now I don't know if that label really fits anymore as I'm on a different pregnancy and still feeling the same emotions.

In your situation, I would just wait and see what happens, if you get a hint of it then speak out and get help asap instead of suffering in silence.

I suffered PND with my son and I too am desperate for it not to come back.

It helps that my family, my GP and counsellors all know and are around to support. In hoping that this will be a very different experience which I can enjoy more and not feel awful.

It is daunting but hopefully be assembling your support around you, you will be more prepared. Big hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->