• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

PND

Vic

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I went to the doctors this morning and he thinks I have PND and has given me some tablets and a sicknote. I've been trying to ignore how I've been feeling but it kind of all came out at the weekend and I still feel like it's all in my head but at least he is helping me about it. It's such a subtle thing. If you think it might be creeping up on you, you really should get it checked out. I've been feeling strange for 4-6months now and he said I should have gone before now.

So anyways, just wanted to let people know. I'm scared to take my tablets :( but i'll just have to go for it.

xx

vic just want to let you know that their is a light at the end of that horrid tunnel you feel your on :hugs: :hugs: I sufferd PND for 2 years and i know how horrible it really is :(

anytime you need a rant or just to talk you know were all here for you :D

take care hun and please take those tabs it will take a while for you to feel the difference but i promise they will help

take care hun
xxxxxxxxxx

((Vic)) you did the right thing getting it diagnosed - thats the hardest bit out the way. I hope the tablets work for you and it goes soon.

They can vary from woman to woman. They can include irritability, irrational thoughts, anxiety, lack of appetite or eating more then usual, tiredness, inability to sleep, guilt, physical symptoms such as headaches or stomach aches, obsessive thoughts, loss of self confidence, suicidal thoughts or self harm, feeling down or hopeless. The thing to remember is that giving birth is a traumatic thing for anyone to go through, and baby blues are normal, plus don't underestimate the effect a lack of sleep can have on someone. However if this is lasting longer then a month or so then it is best to talk to your HV. She will probably do the Edinburgh questionnaire and if you score highly then she may refer you to your GP or your local mental health team. Hope this helps.

I was on Fluxotine for a while. :D

Forgot to say, Im here if u need a chat. U r not alone xxxx

:hugs:

I had PND after Ethan, hope the tablets work for you soon

xx

thanks everyone, it means alot. I still feel like there is nothing wrong with me and that I just need to snap myself out of it. People are telling me to think positive and TRY to be happy but it's easier said than done. When they say that I just feel more guilty for not being able to cope with everyday things.

I have the same tablets that you mentioned Kx. I'm scared to take them cos we were going to TTC soon and we havent been too careful so what if it turned out I was pg and I was on them?? Is that dangerous??
I didn't want to admit how I was feeling incase people thought I wasn't capable of coping with another baby but I don't want to leave it to long to have another one so I was hiding how I felt.

Here are some of my symptoms (some are from beanies list):

irritability towards DH not eva. (get mad over nothing and feel like splitting up)
irrational thoughts -can't cope with things like putting her in her pram or scared incase we dont have the right food in or run out of food. or that i'm bad at houswork.
eating more then usual
tiredness (i've mentioned this and the above when I thought I was having pg symptoms)
guilt for feeling down or not having things organised or leaving eva when i'm at work
headaches
feeling down or hopeless and very numb
very forgetful (forget what i'm saying half way through a sentence)

any advice about the tablets would be appreciated!
I'm off work for 2weeks then I have to go back to see the doctor.
xxx

hey vic

i was diagnosed 4 weeks ago with pnd and im on anti depressents. trust me you are not alone

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vic, I am on prozac too and I am breastfeeding so it is safe. I think it is one of the few cleared for pregnancy but I would advise that you talk to your Dr about this. Ignore those who tell you to be more positive, they don't understand anyhting about depression. You are a great mum, you just are not feeling too good. If you had a bad cold that lasted for ages no-one would bat an eyelid yet depression is an illness just the same. Just take each day as it comes and hopefully your tablets will soon work. Just remember though it may take a couple of weeks but just hang in there. Massive hugs.

we are all here for you Vic.

my main signs of depression was when my OCD got worse

i dont think my problem is depression its the OCD that brings me down. i go through stages though, you sound like you have a good doc though so your in good hands just give the tablets a go and see how they go.

miss our chats on msn too :(

you used to have me in stitches some nights :lol:

Hi Hun, good for you for going and getting help, its no bad thing to have done so. The most important thing which Ive noticed from your symptom list is not to feel like you have to e the parfect mum and housewife. This is one of the main causes of PND, that you dont feel like your doing a good enough job and putting to much pressure on yourself. If you want to have a sleep and dont get the housework done who cares! If you run out of food and dont get to the shops get a take away. Just try to take things as they come and relax without putting pressure on yourself.

Take care hun and hopefully you will be feeling a lot better soon.

Thanks everyone. i think i will have to try my tablets soon. maybe tonight. I've had a bit of a bad day. not crying or anything just back to the numb feeling again. and i feel like i can't do my housework at all so i haven't even tried today. i just keep going out.

by the way i just wanted to apologise cos i do read posts but i feel stressed at replying - i know that sounds weird. there are so many threads and i feel like i should post in all of them so i don't post in any. just another part of feeling overwhelmed by silly things i guess xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"