PND?

Biscuitbaby

Mum of 2 boys TTC#3
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I took my LO for his 6wk check today and when the doc asked was everything okay - I burst into tears!! :cry:
The H/V turned up on Monday to weigh him and I done the same!!!

Things have been a little stressful latley! Two days after ds was born he went back into hospital with bad jaundice, low sugar levels and dehydration. The docs pretty much said it was my fault because of my milk (he's exclusivly breast fed) Things picked up and DS came out of hospital and everything was fine :O)
..Then at three weeks he got taken back in because he hadnt regained his birth weight. Again I was made to feel it was my own fault - they said I didnt have enough milk/he wasnt latched properly/I wasnt feeding properly. After a few days he put weight on and we came out again!

The day we came out my youngest son started to cry so I went to him and my eldest (17 months) burnt his hand on my hair straighteners :cry: I felt awful!!! I cried my eyes out with him!
About a week ago I noticed a lump on the scar tissue so took him to the docs and it was a abcess :cry:

I've been to the local hospital with my youngest to check his latch and feeding and they say there's no problem there!

I dont feel like I'm NOT coping with them - I just keep crying! I do feel like a sh*t Mum and that I should have been more careful with the straightners / maybe I should be formula feeding the youngest so he puts on more weight!?!?

I've had no support with the feeding - After coming out of hospital the 2nd time my DH told me not to B/F anymore:saywhat: I've carried on anyway!

But I worry about DS all the time! If he's had enough/is he having enough wet and dirty nappies?!? Is he alert enough!?
My eldest also has a virus so I worry about him to - but it's natural as a mum isnt it?

Anyway .....the doc wants me back next week for a chat and say's the H/V will keep an eye on me!? Do they think I hurt my eldest?? Do they think I'm not coping?
Is it normal to feel like this?

sorry for the long post

Oh hun, i'm sorry you're feeling so crap :hugs: it's really not your fault. Accidents happen, loads of kids hurt themselves one way or another, don't blame yourself :flower: also about the feeding, there should be more support, is your LO feeding ok now? i've read that fenukgreek can increase your supple and porridge oats (holland and barrett sell fenukgreek) hopefully someone else can advise you more on the feeding as i'm no expert lol.

I hope you feel better soon, xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->