Pocket Money - what do yours get?

All interesting response ladies!

I have arranged a more detailed rota for the kids now, there are only 3 compulsory chores (tidying their own room, setting/clearing the table, feeding the dogs), but I have included lots more with the additional payments detailed next to them, so if they do extra chores I have to sign their rota and they claim the extra bounty on pocket money pay day.

My eldest is starting secondary school soon and wants a mobile phone, and I have already pre-warned her that she will be responsible for topping up her own credit, so she is now checking out the new rota with great interest! They both get £2 each a week for their compulsory chores with the option to earn an extra £3 each for extra chores.

Will have to see how it goes. Am already encouraging Boo (aged 20 months) to put her own toys away when she has finished with them, and she is actually very game! I wish I had done that with my older two!

My older 2 get £2 a week for making there beds every day and picking up there clothes (a big one for my 6 yr old daughter who is like her dad and takes off her clothes and leaves them where they land lol).... x

my son get £10 per week, hes 3.5yrs. but this he pays for his classes, his music, footy and swimming, that totals £7. with the change he buys a pack of sweets normally.
he does however also get money weekly from his grannies, they dont tell me but he has a wallet and in there he always gets £5 notes! so he can buy a toy once a week and uses his money from his grannies for that.

when i was younger i got £20 per week and extra things if i wanted it, but i did generally buy my own clothes with that money.
my son is responsible for his own toys and his room, he tidies up his toys in the living room and tidies his room and makes his bed. i dont think when hes older ill ask him to do much more.

hi all,

i encountered your thread by accident on google, and i thought, i have to tell those busy parents what i know!!

I found a website which encourages children to do chores and get pocket money for it! I have started using it with my kids, and i am so happy with it; i have more time now as i dont have to tell them what to do every 5 minutes, as they can check it online, every day, and do the ones they chose, one at a time; and it's all free!

you must check it out:

Write juniorsgold in google, and you should find it :)
:thumbup:
:coffee:

let me know if that helps :winkwink:

I had to do chores in the household and got pocket money but they weren't related. The chores were to show that everybody has to help in the household and getting money would be like getting paid to apply common sense.
We got small amount of money perweek (1 dm) but we wouldn't get more if we asked.
from age of 12 we would get a monthly pocket money.
If we wanted more we had to work for it( like doing paper rounds or so) , but this was a basic allowance .

I feel like I don't expect much of Elena, but after reading this thread,
I'm not so sure :wacko:

I expect her to tidy her toys (putting them back into the toybox) when she's finished with them, and she must put her dirty clothes into the wash basket in her room every evening. She also does little bits for me around the kitchen, like I'd ask her to throw potato peelings in the bin or to put something away in the cupboard.

She's only 4 and a half so I think she's too young for pocket money. Instead she gets a treat on Saturday, such as a trip to the park or the cinema or something. She knows this is a reward for good behavior and doing as she's told.

Am I expecting too much of her? :wacko:

no hun i dont think so. i get my kids to help me, just little bit like u really. they will grow up knowing if u wrk hard u get good things :)

I for sure think kids need to help out around the house... and personally, I won't pay for that. You are part of the family unit, so you should help- period. However, if they go above and beyond the basic weekly chores, and there are extra things they can do to earn money, then I feel that is good. So they learn that being part of a family unit means giving your fair share... but that hard work does have rewards. Our oldest has to keep her room and bathroom clean, put dishes away and feed the cats (change litter etc)... for her "normal" family chores. Then if she wants to earn money, she can help out side in the yard... or wash cars... or help with other chores as needed. Sometimes she'll even ask what she can help with to get paid! lol. oh, she also does her own laundry as well and has since she was about 10yrs old... she's just turned 14.

I think it just depends on each family to do what feels best for them. For me, it's about raising my kids to be independent and self sufficient... and I don't feel doing everything for them really promotes that. But everyone has different views and needs to do what they feel is best...

My littlest son at 3 years old doesn't get anything...heh.

My oldest is almost 9 and he gets about 10$ a week for being good in school. I also buy everything he needs but I don't buy any extras like games or toys or anything like that. The only time I buy him toys or what not is on birthdays and Christmas and that makes up for the whole year because I spend about 1000$ per child during Christmas and 500$ per child on birthdays.

I don't require my kids or hubby to do anything around the house... I am a SAHM and it is my job to do the house stuff. Kids have enough time to have responsibilities when they are older, let them be kids now is how I feel.

When I was younger my mom (single mom) would give me any and everything I wanted and I didn't have to do anything for it. Whenever I wanted to go shopping or whatnot I would ask her for a blank check with just her signature on it and I could fill out the amount of whatever I purchased.

I am perfectly fine with money, all of our bills/expenses/extras only come to maybe 50% of our income and I save the rest. I never go out and just "blow" money just to spend it but we do buy anything we want (within reason). The last major expense I made was my bulldog that I paid 700$ for (she was an 1800$ dog but we got a deal because we knew some people).

I don't think I will require my kids to do anything around the house until they are atleast teenagers and even then, if they get jobs then they don't have to do anything. I like doing everything for everybody, it makes me feel needed and special that they need me so much :) :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->