Poll. PLEASE. Jack or Jax?

Bubsta

Love my Girl & baby Boy!
Reaction score
I need your help. From the time we found out we were expecting, we loved the name Jack. When we found out it was a boy, then we were happy we had a pretty good idea on his name. Well..... Over the last couple of months Hubby and I have been trying to decide whether to go with 'Jack' or 'Jax'. Our DD has a very unusual name (for our country anyway) which has pros and cons. Our surname is long. We dont have to worry about there being another girl in her class etc with the same name which has been just great! Jack is such a popular name and I really don't like the idea of my LO having to be known as Jack.W or having to have his surname spelt out in full.... But then we're unsure whether Jax is.... I don't know how to describe it.... 'Try hard' (clearly I don't think that or I wouldn't be so torn between the two names. I just don't know what others will think). What would you choose? What name do you prefer? Thanks heaps! :flower:

personally i prefer Jax (as a shorthand for Jaxon) but Jack will probably age much better as its a classic name

just some things to consider to help you make up your mind :)

can you imagin how it will sound:

when there in trouble and you shout there name?
when they get called at the doctors?
when they get married?
when they graduate?
when they get a letter addressed to them?
when there old and the grandkid asks there name?

do you see that name on:

a macdonalds/waitresses name tag
or
a CEO of a law firms door plaque

I like Jax, but as a short name for Jaxon. Jack is nice too though!

I like Jack, I've never heard of the name Jax or Jaxon though so for me Jax sounds made up and reminds me of Ajax the cleaning product

Xx

I think it really depends what kind of sound you are looking for. Jack as you have said is a much more traditional name and others will be called this too. Jax is more more of a modern name and more unusual, which for me is the better of the two as I like unusual names. Of course either name you choose you can use the other as a nickname anyway? :) xxx

I like Jack, I've never heard of the name Jax or Jaxon though so for me Jax sounds made up and reminds me of Ajax the cleaning product

Xx

Jax and Jaxon are the modern version of Jack and Jackson made famous by the main character Jax in the American biker show sons of anarchy (even though hes played by a geordie lol)

Xx

Jax and Jaxon are the modern version of Jack and Jackson made famous by the main character Jax in the American biker show sons of anarchy (even though hes played by a geordie lol)

Jax Teller..... He is one foxy man! Lol. Gorgeous!

I prefer jack. Classic and strong. Jax and Jaxson are super trendy and a bit overused in the US now, I think.

My little man is called Jax by family already even though we are naming him Jaxon... I really like Jax and am actually spelling the name with the x only because I dont want anyone calling him Jack lol so my own bias and personal opinion get in the way of my vote :p
Also just wanted to add that although they shorten his name to Jax on the SOA his character name is actually spelled Jackson and he is indeed super yummy LOL he was the inspiration for us naming our son Jaxon I got pregnant the day episode 1 of season 5 aired and i joke it was Jax Teller that made me ovulate :p

I also want to add that although ive been told how popular of a name it is ive still known and heard of way more williams , noahs, aidens, caydens, alfies, and finns than any variation of Jackson including Jax ... I personally dont know anyone who with the name or who has named their child Jackson or Jax

My little man is called Jax by family already even though we are naming him Jaxon... I really like Jax and am actually spelling the name with the x only because I dont want anyone calling him Jack lol so my own bias and personal opinion get in the way of my vote :p
Also just wanted to add that although they shorten his name to Jax on the SOA his character name is actually spelled Jackson and he is indeed super yummy LOL he was the inspiration for us naming our son Jaxon I got pregnant the day episode 1 of season 5 aired and i joke it was Jax Teller that made me ovulate :p

Lol, well, if there was a man to make you ovulate, then top choice! :thumbup:

My ex named his son Jackson (but that was probably 14years ago). Apart from him, I don't know anyone named Jackson. Since thinking about naming our child Jack, I've heard quite a few people by that name (friends partners or kids - more FB friends - not close friends) ... Haven't heard anyone being called Jax (apart from SOA of course). I just don't know.... It's so hard! :dohh:

I think Jack is a lovely name. Although it is a popular name, it's popular because it's a classic name rather than a "right here right now" name.

Jax could be a name that goes out of fashion very quickly and you may end up regretting it?

Good luck in choosing x

I'm biased with Jack :winkwink:
You could always use Jax as a nickname but as their proper name I love jack!

Deffo not Jax, sounds like you are trying too hard to make a nice traditional name sound trendy. x

Thank you all so much for commenting and voting. :hugs:
Well, I think Hubby and I have made up our minds (I think!!!). Jax doesn't sound as good with our surname as Jack does. So it looks as though it will be Jack with his nickname being Jax. That way he can decide when he is older what he prefers to go by. Xx :hugs:

Ooooh gotta love Jax! Thats a great name! Jack seems a little too normal for me but I like names that are different personally. My girls are LaRaena (la-ray-na) and Laela (lay-la) and my next boy will be Leo. My first sons name is Paul but he's a junior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->