polycystic ovaries

jelly baby

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
For a while now iv had problems with my periods, i have been having two a month even though for the last 2 months i have had a normal period. I went for a scan last monday and the lady (doctor) doing the scan said they thought i may have Polycystic overies :(. I know it is really common, but i am quite upset. Haivng children is the most important thing to me. She said it may be gentic, my mom said she always used to have problems with her periods but never got medical help for it, but she had 3 children without any problems and she told me not to worry. How can i not ! I hate having to wait so long for my results, i rang the doctors last week and again today and they still dont have them!
Does anyone have PCOS ? Any advise ?
thanks !
xxx

i have pcos and i just had miss lana in jan, without any help :)

there are things available to help you concieve if you need them, but pcos doesnt always mean fertility problems

you must have a bloody fab doc though i had to badger mine for 4 years before they would even do a blood test, never mind a scan

I was diagnosed with pcos last year after bleeding non stop for around two months (sorry tmi) I visited my doctor and she sent me for a scan and blood tests. Your doctor will provide you with all the information and help they can once they get your results back.
Good luck with your results xx

pcos dosnt mean u cant have kids... just means theres less times a year you can concieve! ive known of loads of people who have got pregnant with it :)

I probably have pcos, but have been too scared to go to a doctor. Dumb, I know :blush:

My periods were always slightly irregular, but eventually developed from 36 days bw periods to 80 days bw periods. My hair on arms, etc also grew noticeably darker and I had extreme trouble losing weight, as well as hair that constantly falls out and extreme fatigue.

My main concern was that apparently the risk for miscarriages is higher, which frankly scares the hell out of me. But after speaking to so many who have successfully had children with the condition, it's gotten easier to accept.

But I COMPLETELY understand about the worry about kids thing- it's the one thing I will do in my life, and it's so incredibly important to me.

hey,
Thanks for your reply's everyone. I do know that you can have children, but it is diffcult. Just as futuremommy91 said, it is also the most important thing in my life and just knowing that its going to be so diffcult. I love children and i am great with them, everyone says im a natural. Im at university at the moment but i would give it all up without a secound thought to have children.
Im going to get my results today, it has taken 3 weeks for them to come through. I phoned the doctors yesterday to see if they was in and they booked me in today witch im gessing is a bad sign as my doctors dont normaly give out appointments that fast even if you tell them its an emergency.
I have an exam today, at 10 so todays going to be very stressful!

Thanks everyone for your reply's!
xx

Good luck on the exam! I'm guessing you've taken it already haha. But don't you hate having to deal with multiple stressors? I have an interview in 3 hours or so and just can't even think about that right now with all else I'm having to deal with.

And best of luck with the appt. You know in your heart that you are meant to have children, and it WILL happen. They can do so much to help with the condition, I hear, and the condition affects each person differently

Hi jelly baby, how did your doctors appointment go? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->