Poo and cloth question

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
My sister is due her baby in a couple of weeks and is looking into cloth now that I've made the switch. She says she's read in lots of forums that people end up having poo lodged in the rim of their washing machines from washing the nappies?!

I haven't experienced this because there's no poo to get near my machine by the time I've sprayed it down the loo but I was wondering if this happens before weaning? Can't say I've heard of it before!

I didn't spray before Hayden started solids, he was exclusively breastfed for over 6mo before having anything else at all..so just had that BF poo you know? I didn't spray it off and never had it in my washer. Once he was on solids though I did spray it, still no issue at all. And I've been using cloth for 2yrs :D

Can't say I've noticed poop in the washing machine :shrug: If it were solid poop you'd just pop it into the loo before washing the nappy :thumbup:

I just finished doing laundry, grabbed a flashlight and stuck my head in the washer- no poo here (thank god, lol!). Maybe if you overload the washer and have a lot of poopy diapers it would be a problem? :shrug:

I just finished doing laundry, grabbed a flashlight and stuck my head in the washer

:haha: I have a mental image of you now with your head inside your washing machine searching for bits of poo!! :lol:

I couldn't imagine it being an issue either, sounds like a bit of a scare story to me. When I said I was starting with cloth my cousin immediately asked where it was I thought the poo would end up in the washing machine - my answer was out the waste pipe with everything else so she may have got it from her :shrug:

I would have thought that poo would disintegrate in water? Especially if it's a warm wash x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->