Poo question, very fow question but anyone with a strong stomach, please read :)

charlie07

Reaction score
Hi all

I know I said with a strong stomach, but that's a laugh, I have the weakest stomach going, but since Gabbi was born, it actually doesn't bother me. I was always told it was different dealing with a "mess" when it's your own!

Anyway, back to the question

This morning Gabbi slept in, because I did too!, so we were ready for her first feed at 8.00 and she usually sups everything without any fuss. BUT this morning, it was 10 hours since she last ate and she would not take her bottle at all, not crying or whingeing, in fact she was smiling, but would not take milk. This is very unusual. Finally, at 8.20 she drank her milk. About an hour later changed her nappy as she had filled it.

Now she then went on to sleep for nearly 2 hours, at 10.30 which again, is totally out of character, she actually slept from8.20 pm - 9.55pm, had 120 ml milk (usually 180 ml) then slept from 10.30 - 7.50 this morning and I ahd to wake her up.

This may not sound bad but it is totally unusual for her.

So she was fed at 12.30 today (very behind in her feedings) and just now have changed her nappy again as she had done a poo.

Now, the yucky bit. The poo was strange and different to her usual ones. One thing, her milk has never changed.

The poo was mustard in colour BUT there were some darker bits and some lighter bits, it seemed a little jellyfide, looked like sesame seeds in her poo, the colour and consistency was different, (no I didn't actually start doing scientific tests and disecting it lol), but just looking at it, it seemed weird.

She also is more whingey this afternoon (yesterday was the most wonderful day), done more poo and she has a rash on her lower cheeks and chin, also a couple are spot like things under her right eye. I have put some close up pics below of her face.

She is whingeing now, which isn't like her, she was laughing only a minute ago, she has no temperature.

HAS ANYONE NOTICED A CHANGE IN YOUR BABYS POO?
I know it changes when they go onto solids but she hasn't yet, nothing has changed at all.

She's lying on the floor and has just rolled over on to her belly again, all the time whingeing, but I am struggling to pick her up today as my back has gone!!

UPDATE - she is on my knee asleep. good you may say, but she's not usually this sleepy.

Sorry for going on and on and on and on

https://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/Charliechech/th_IMG_4528.jpg

https://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/Charliechech/th_IMG_4529.jpg

https://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/Charliechech/th_IMG_4533.jpg

I think she's caught a bug honey! :hugs:

The first few signs are decreased appetite, sleepiness and poo consistency.

Yep a bug. The poo sounds like diarrhea. I know with breast milk poos are pretty runny anyway but if it's watery with bits that's diarrhea. It's hard to tell in a nappy though, maybe wait for her to poo on the mat or something so you can get a good look. Perhaps ring your GP? Though with no temp I wouldn't worry.

OH had flu 2 weeks ago, she had a day where she was off but thank fully it didn't develop into anything more.

No, she has no temp, her poos are never really runny as she is on formula, but seemed more sticky and lumpy/jelly, bits, colour was same, mustard (good job I don't like mustard!! lol) except for the bits of dark and light bits.

As she is so far behind on her feeds today, instead of feeding her at 12.30 tonight, I have upped her second feed from 180 to 210 and she took it no problem. yesterday, she was down 90 ml than normal! She is still sleeping now, I will let her as she will be up later tonight. Just felt her again, no temp, so maybe she's just a little off colour.

See as its been so cold, we haven't really been out. She had her first injection last Wednesday, Hep B, could it be a delayed reaction to that??!! We were out yesterday, looking at a ladies house, no heating, she was wrapped up and snug but her face got cold, maybe she got a bit of a chill?!

I;m gonna ring OH now and tell him if she is still a little of when she wakes up, we'll take her to pediatric doc to give her the once over.

Thanks girls x

Isnt she perhaps teething??

Maybe, my friend did say that babys tend to get diarhea (?) when teething, drooling more (she has been for ages), so not really sure. I do check her gums and they are not inflammed as of this morning. I will check again though. Thanks

rileys got his fangs coming through and hes had mega bad poops all up his back tmi! he has rosey cheeks and really realy bad nappy rash but he wont sleep and normally does i think she could be teething

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->