Pooping

Genevevex

Reaction score
Just as the title says: pooping post baby? I just had my little on Friday and still haven't gone, despite the fact that they have me on stool softeners.

I have had a "just let it come when ready" attitude about it, but it simply hasn't! (It did fine after I had my first child) I tried pushing a little to see if I could stimulate anything, but that just made me bleed some, so I stopped.

I'm starting to get a little concerned now. Should I take an enema or something to make myself go, or give it a few more days? I'm starting to wonder how much of these after birth pains are those or simply cramping from having to poo. Any advice?

Hey I would maybe keep trying to relax and give it a couple more days. If you are super worried or get super worried then maybe speak to your health visitor or GP? I don't think I went until at least 4 or 5 days post birth

I wouldn't think there'd be anything wrong with using a suppositry if you haven't gone already. I used a glycerol one after having my lo and felt it helped with the initial 'move'!

I didn't poo for days after having my first! I have no idea why- just didn't feel the need! It'll happen when your bodies ready :) xx congratulations on your little one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->