Poor Charlie's ill :-(

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I think he may have an ear infection. Why does it always happen on bank holidays when the docs are shut.:hissy:

When DH took him to MIL's on Saturday, he was fine. He then started being really grizzly and kept holding his right ear and saying "poorly". He wouldn't eat anything either. I knew nothing about this as I was at Wobbles house.

Luckily MIL had some calpol and she said that seemed to soothe him.

We picked him up yesterday when I got back, and he was very hot and clammy and grizzly again. He ate nothing. Luckily he's drinking loads of milk and water. He went sleep really well at 7pm, exhausted. Then at 1.30am, he was screaming in pain.:cry: He was almost pulling his ear off and screaming. I've never heard him cry like that. It took me 10 minutes to get him to take some calpol. He ended up falling sleep on DH's chest in bed and I left him there till 5am.

He's been in an awful mood since he got up, and doesn't seem to want anything. Even Iggle Piggle on the tv isn't calmining him.

He's just managed to eat about half a bowl of cereal, so I'm hoping he's out the worst of it. He's had calpol at 5.30am (he asked for it), and I'm going to see how he is after that's worn off, if he's no better I'm going to take him to the walk-in clinic in the next town.

Poor little lad is never poorly.:cry:

AWWWW poor Charlie, he is truly sick if Iggle Piggle doesnt work, Iggle Piggle can usually fix anything, Hope he is feeling better soon poor little man, nothing worse than a sore ear xx

awww poor cherub :hugs: ear infections are horrid

oh poor charlie. Bless him a sore ear is horrible for anyone let alone a toddler. Fingers crossed he's over the worst of it now! Bless him asking for calpol... :hugs: little sweetie. Hope he's okay

H x

Aw poor little guy. Isn't it awful when they're poorly when you've been away?

We took him to the walk-in centre, and I was right. Bad ear infection, poor little man.:cry:

We've got some anti-biotics for him, and the doctor advised us to give him calpol 4 times a day, and ibuprofen 3 times a day, and try and stagger them so he doesn't have to go more than about 2 hours without any pain-killers.

He was such a brave little boy and let the doctor examine him, that I bought him all 3 of the plush tombliboos from Boots when I went to get his prescription. That cheered him up!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->