Poorly again

Layla

Reaction score
guys im looking for some reasureance please

Coby is ill again, full up with a cold and his face is all blotchy :(

I dont understand why he is ill all the time, Charlie and Ethan are hardly ever ill and i feel i have done a better job of raising Coby up than them (older and wiser)

Coby drinks over a pint of milk a day, plenty of water and snacks on oranges, bananas, kewi and rasins.
He has cheese and dairy products too.

He eats extremly well, has whole grian cereal and toast(best of both bread, wont have white) each morning, then lunch he eats fruit, cheese etc.
Dinner he will have pasta, veg, chicken etc etc

He has a very balanced diet i feel and has his 5 fruit and veg a day, far more than Charlie and Ethan had at this age, yet he is always poorly, i just dont get it..

Where am i going wrong?

We have just got him in to a nice sleep rotune, goes up at 8, we sit with him for 30 mins while he goes off to sleep, then he stays in his bed all night and comes in to us between 6 and 7am and watches tv in bed untill i get up at 7.30, but now this is going out the window coz hes ill, its takin glonger to settle him off at night and over night he comes in to use crying and wants cuddles, so we have been letting him.

i feel like im not doing something right and its worrying me :(

Any ideas, advice is welcome

Thanks

x

Layla I have no idea but I hope the lil man gets better soon

:hugs: x

When my son was Coby's age (a long time ago now!) he always got colds and coughs. It seemed like it was with him constantly, especially the cough. The cough was that bad he usually ended up being sick and therefore it used to be hard for him to put on weight. The hospital did tests and decided that what he had was "a type of hayfever that you can get all year round". He was given antibiotics so often but half the time i didnt give them cos i wanted him to try and fight it on his own.

Ben is now 19 years old and it was only found out in the last year (he still gets the same cough roughly every two months and lasts for approx 3 weeks) that he actually has asthma.

No one told me this until i changed doctors when we moved and he had tests. They say he's had it since he was a baby and now has a pump.

I'm not sure hun, maybe some kind of allergy
Is he worse since it has become colder? maybe try a dehumidifer (sp?)
It could be the dy heat with the central heating being on

I used to suffer then we moved in an house with no CH and i was fine, moved in here and started with every cold going again

sorry hun don't know what else to suggest

thinking about it, it does seem to tie in with the heating...we had out bolier fixed a week ago and ive had the heating on alot since then, thats when hes started to get snotty and bungded up.

hmm, its not so cold here now so i might leave it off for a couple of days, see what happens.

Thanks Jo :)

x

ah your welcome
hope he feels better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe