poorly baby - CONSTIPATION

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
well we have had an awful week with annabelle and her milk, she has had 4 milks in 1 week so i knew she was a bit messed about, well yesterday and today she been a little sicky alot more than usual i have been keeping an eye on her and well this evening she began prjectile vomiting.

i had enough of her not being happy due to all this milk change so i phoned our out of hours doc who made me an emergency appointment at the hospital, i took her up there and they had a look at her, she isnt dehydrated and he said she looks well and healthy but felt her tummy and said se was severely constipated!!!
he said this was to be expected with the changes of milk etc but i feel even worse a mummy than i did the other day now.

anyone got any suggestions to help with constipation, they said they didnt want to give her anything to clear her out they wanted her tummy muscles to do the work themselves

do you think massage might help

Lou
xxx

warm baths and massage several times a day helped when my little girl (not so little anymore) suffered from constipation.

Hope she's feeling better soon.

x

:hugs: oh poor little one bless her :hugs: i would say cooled boiled water and maybe with a small amount of prune juice, warm baths and all you can massage her bottom with warm wet cotton wool to help her 'go', hope she feels better soon honey, don't feel bad, its all trial and error :hugs: x

Warm bath, massage and water.

ooooh oooooh i can answer this! x x x
lift both legs up pushing them lightly on the tummy, using your index and middle finger... massage round the belly button clockwise! the poo will soon come out! this ALWAYS works when done correctly! good luck x x x x x my midwife taught me this one! x

if this fails... boil up some water, let it cool put it in there bottle add a small amount of orange juice, this does the job if my first post doesn't work for you! if this fails too pm me x x x x

Cooled boiled water does the trick :) XxX

ive been told cooled boiled water with a little bit of brown sugar helps too hun if the other stuff doesnt work :)

I would say warm baths and massage her tummy gently, would probably soothe her too. Don't feel like a bad mom, we're not doctors and not expected to know these things!! :hugs:

I mix like just a ml or 2 of gripe water with cool boiled water for a total of 15ml of liquid when she gets constipated. She usually ends up going within an hour or two! She just likes the taste of it, she won't drink plain water

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->