Pop-In question

haha leyla doesnt have a poo chair

also the weaning poos are not so bad, its actually a lot easier cleaning her nappies now, the poo just falls off the liners into the bin instead of smearing over them as much as possible like they used to lmfao

x

I don't think it's the poos that are bad so much, but they smell worse and there are so many more poos than there used to be!! I was in a nice poo routine before :lol:

yeh they do reallllly stink now!!!

they used to smell quite nice...in a poo sort of way lol

ok now i sound gross :rofl:

x

Yeah it's the frequency/unpredictability of them, as well as the smell. They are loads easier to clean - the nappies that is, poor little Jack gets it caked to his bottom now, it's so thick and sticky, unlike the liquidy BF poos! It doesn't really come right out onto the nappy a lot of the time, just sticks to his skin :cry:

Yeah it's the frequency/unpredictability of them, as well as the smell. They are loads easier to clean - the nappies that is, poor little Jack gets it caked to his bottom now, it's so thick and sticky, unlike the liquidy BF poos! It doesn't really come right out onto the nappy a lot of the time, just sticks to his skin :cry:

Same here, I don't like it! Freya has taken to screaming everytime she poos for about 2 weeks now, it's awful. I think it's to do with the acidity due to teething and weaning? :shrug: Obv as she is screaming she poos comes off STRAIGHT away, but just from walking from downstairs to upstairs, by the time I have got the poo off her skin (it's been on all of 30 seconds) her bottom is looking a bit pink :cry:. It recovers pretty quickly, like a few minutes, but I'm sure it never used to do that?!

:hugs: I'm sure it'll get better soon, it's just a transitional thing.

DH just changed him, found a surprise poo and his bum was bleeding! The skin is really chapped and still weeping a bit. It's the skin on his bottom, not his anus. So am thinking we have acidic poo atm too :cry: He's having some bare bum time now to help it heal.

Aw poor Jack! :hugs: It's horrible isn't it! Hope it gets a bit better with some bare bum time.

thats what leyla had, its awful, she never cries when she does a poo so i have to just keep checking and if theres a poo been in there for few hrs it can make her bum really sore aswell, its awful, i feel like such a bad mammy when it happens :(

x

well, after waiting for my OH to be ready for us to try the Pop-In (wtf???!!!) we finally road tested it last night!

didn't use the Dri-Night booster because Adam was frankly unimpressed with his shiny new nappy and frustrated with Mummy's fidding about getting it fastened (should have had a practise at a time when he wasn't jonesing for his night-time bottle). so manoevering him into the whole thing plus booster was beyond me. I did add a Little Lamb booster, only had cotton left, and then a LL fleece liner, crossed fingers and sent up a prayer...

(was concerned that if he'd leak through, OH would be even more anti-cloth and insist we go back to disposables overnight. as it is, unless I buy a couple more Pop-Ins or figure out another night-time option, he's going to be in disposables 5 nights out of 7 anyway.)

so, he went in it about 11pm and rather than wait till after breakfast to change him I did it about 8am (as well as wanting to check the results I don't want him to poo in it if poss!). no leaks! whole of the filling is pretty wet but not to bursting point or anything, thnk he could have easily gone a little while longer. just thought - it's a BTP nappy, AE is only 3.5 months, the whole thing + big booster is designed to hold the bladder contents of a 2+ year old, so *should* be ok... thank goodness I was right. :D

overall, very impressed. thanks for the recommendation!

glad you got on good with it, i love ours even if it does take ages to dry lol, its one of our night nappy rotation but i do love when it comes round to pop in night, ive just ordered another one of rachel :blush:

x

Glad you had no leaks! God knows what we will do when Freya is older and weeing more, as ours is sodden by about 5am, boosters, extra insersts and all. Best one we've found though, others don't last even half as long!

:)

Does Freya feed overnight? AE is offered 210ml, of which he usually takes at least 180, and that's it till morning. I bet it would be bursting out if he was still having a 4am snack! It seemed so huge on him even without the big booster, he's only 13.5lb or so.

Does anybody else find that they have to undo all the snaps when the night booster is in? Leyla's only about 13lb but I can't get it to fasten comfortably on her when the snaps are done up. During the day we have it on the middle snaps.

Yeah I have all the snaps undone. Yeah she has a feed about 4am still, she has 8oz at 7pm, sometimes more at 10pm as a dreamfeed and about 7oz at 4am. Yawn. She is one wet baby by 7am!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->