pop up ad x 2 Updated with same ad (12/11)

MrsC8776

Mom to twin girls!!
Reaction score
Anyone else getting these pop ups? They are huge and becoming a pain today.

The dunkin donuts one doesn't make noise but the express one does. It's a video of some sort.

Anything we can do? :flower:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-03 at 3.57.56 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-03 at 3.57.56 PM.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2012-12-03 at 3.56.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-03 at 3.56.51 PM.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 5
I was just about to post my duncan donuts ad... getting that one as well. I am located in Alaska, USA.

I'm going to assume it is a US thing and thats why not a lot of people have said something. There was a different ad earlier today. I think it was a Macy's ad but it has a video along with it as well. :dohh: If it comes back I'll take a screen shot of it so that the mod's know.

I was getting one for the Ice Age... It is popping up as soon as the page loads, before you can even roll over where it says "roll over"

Hey i get the pop up ads as well such a pain I always end up clicking them by mistake ! Can't find any way to stop them!

The mods will probably try to do something.

these ads are driving me nuts they pop up every time you scroll over the small ad at the top of the page and its almost impossible not to scroll over it because it covers the entire top of the screen. UGHHH.

yeah the donut one is coming up without rolling over it and clicking close doesnt work (well it closes and immediately reopens)

Thank you for the screen shot. I will send a report now to the relevant team.

Sorry for any disruption this is causing.

Wobbles :D

For anyone who is unable to close the ad successfully could you please provide the following information:

1. Screenshot of the ad you can not close
  2. Brand/shop the ad is for (if not obvious in screenshot (ie macys, duncan donuts, etc)
  3. Device you are using (mobile, desktop, ipad, etc)
  4. Browser & version (safari, chrome, explorer, firefox, etc)
Thank you :D

How do I check my browser version on desktops?
In the browser's toolbar, click 'Help' > Click on the menu option 'about firefox/explorer/etc' (depending on what you use) > The information will be viewable.

I'm able to close them all it's just that as soon as the ad is closed I somehow manage to roll over it again. It's just a pain because the ads are always right above the part of the forum that gets rolled over the most.

Thank you for working on this for us. :flower:

Thanks for confirming... requested more information due to the issue drsquid reported.

:D

yeah the donut one is coming up without rolling over it and clicking close doesnt work (well it closes and immediately reopens)

unfortunately im at work... at home i use a mac, running fire fox, dont know what release. and it was the duncan donuts ad. id click the close button and itd immediately reopen without me moving my mouse. today at work on windows it is fine

Thanks for the reply. I have passed on the information you have been able to provide me with.

:D

I was having this problem with both the Dunkin' Donuts ad and Ice Age. Any time I was scrolling over the tiniest part of the ad, the entire thing would fill up my screen and then I would have to scroll up and hit the "close" button.

I finally just installed AdBlock Plus and it got rid of them.

(I already patronize Dunkin' Donuts more than any other fast food chain, so trust me, I don't need to see their ads to give them my money!)

If we had one here you could bet I would be there right now! :haha:

We don't even have a Dunkin Donuts in Alaska :)
That's weird. I could have sworn there was one in Anchorage when I was a kid in the '80s.

Then again, maybe I was just watching "lower '48" commercials on television and getting those mixed up with the local donut shop in my brain.

I think there used to be, but not anymore :) We just have a couple local donut shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->