Portion sizes

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It appears that we're now taking a definite TW route so I was wondering how do you know how much food to make for your LO?

Earl is 20 weeks old, and on 2 meals a day. He has porridge/rice with pureed fruit in a morning, and a few bits of fruit. I make up 2 tsp (have measuring spoons) of powder with enough formula to make a nice consistency, and 1 cube of fruit in it, and he always eats the lot. I'm not sure, as at the moment obviously he has mainly milk, whether this is too much/little, should I be offering food until he turns away? On an evening we had been dabbling with BLW but if puree is given it's normally 4 ice cubes worth and he will normally polish the lot off. Is this the right amount? Too much or little? I've never managed to give him enough to make him give any 'I'm Full' cues so I really don't know whether to offer more?

I always give him food about 30 minutes after a feed (7oz) about 9am and about 5.30pm.

Any advice welcomed.

We're having just the same issue Aimee-Lou - have just started weaning so he's just on lunch at the moment and can easily polish off two ice cubes without showing signs of being full. I'm nervous to try any more per sitting as I'm worried about it taking up room in his tummy that the milk needs to fill. Plus as we're breastfeeding, i'm now getting increasingly nervous about not being able to physically see how much he is taking and whether he will be getting enough milk once we introduce breakfast and dinner as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->