Positive BLW stories

MumToEva

Reaction score
I did my research before deciding what route to take in terms of weaning, and I came to the conclusion that I wanted to do BLW, only with some foods spooned that I would eat with a spoon naturally, for example yogurt, custard, etc (I know some die hard BLWs would claim that's not BLW, but she had finger foods from day one and not phased up from puréed foods). Along the way I had to fight criticism from my in-laws and occasionally my husband ("she can't have that, she'll choke!"), along with occasional moments of self doubt (like the 2 occasions she proper choked and had to be yanked out of her chair and thumped repeatedly on the back, and the times when she just wasn't interested in food for days, sometimes weeks on end), but I'm pleased to say she now eats brilliantly! She was sick for a month or so over Christmas and went off solids entirely, but since then she's really taken to eating with gusto - lasagne, garlic bread, pasta, potatoes, vegetables, meat, fruit, she just seems to want to eat at every opportunity! I'm so pleased and wanted to share a sucess story for those who are deciding on which way to wean, or those who are doubting their decision along the way. It really does work! :happydance:

Thanks for sharing, I'm really pleased it worked out for you!

We are past the doubting stage, because at nearly 9 months it's too late for purees anyway. My lo still isn't eating a lot and the constant worry about whether we are giving him a balanced diet is getting to me a bit. But I guess the worries are there whichever way you wean.

I look forward to getting to your stage!

Thanks for sharing, I'm really pleased it worked out for you!

We are past the doubting stage, because at nearly 9 months it's too late for purees anyway. My lo still isn't eating a lot and the constant worry about whether we are giving him a balanced diet is getting to me a bit. But I guess the worries are there whichever way you wean.

I look forward to getting to your stage!

I was exactly the same - she just didn't seem to be taking in enough, especially when friends were spooning bowl-fulls of stuff into their LOs beside us! But it just seemed to click there recently with her. Hopefully your LO will be the same! :hugs:

We've also done BLW and I've never had any doubt it was the right way for us. We've been lucky we've not had any choking yet and we've loved watching him explore his food. Mealtimes are really good fun and he has really developed his fine motor skills.

It took him a couple of months to really get into eating but he's really got into his food in the last few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->