Positive ept last night, negative this morning. What gives?

poutie

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

So I took an ept pregnancy test last night and there was a faint but visible + sign within a minute. I showed it to my husband and even he could see it. I took the second ept test this morning with fmu and it was negative.... I'm very confused! Which test should I believe?

well dont sound like a evap if it came up in one minute so i would say congratulations and test again :flower:

fmu is useless in my own opinion wait 2-4 days use afternoon wee instead good luck.

My fmu was useless too try holding in the day for 3 hours not drinking much. I'd say bfp woop x

My lines are fainter with fmu. I would test in the evening after not drinking much!

Try testing in the evening again. You could also go to the doctor for a blood test that will confirm it for sure. How many dpo are you?

Not saying this is whats happening to you but this happened to me once. I got two faint BFPs on frer's then after that all negatives. It ended up being a chemical pregnancy. I hope this isnt the case for you...good luck! Fx you get another bfp thats darker.

Me and ept didn't mix well...actually me and all blue dye test bumped heads unless I was at least 2 weeks late for af :wacko: Test with a frer if you can...not infallible but more accurate than blue dye test imho. Fingers crossed for you hun!

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm actually 3 weeks late for my period and I've used numerous dollar tree tests too. My tests results are all over the map. Sometimes I get extremely faint- like basically not visible lines and sometimes I get negatives. I'm very confused! I've read lots of stories about women who don't ever get positives but are in fact pregnant. I feel pregnant and I've had symptoms off and on. I read it's also very rare to get false positives so I'm hoping the ept I took last night is correct and not some fluke false positive! I made an appt for next Tuesday and they said they'd do an ultrasound to confirm it. I'm going insane not knowing for sure!!!

Good luck at your doctor's appt hun....still try a frer tho! They tend to be pretty accurate even with low amounts of hcg. I would say digital but if you are getting faint positives at best they'll probably show negative. Frers take a lot of the guess work out of it most of the time.

Good luck at your appt. Sounds like you have to be with being 3 weeks late. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->