Positive FFN test?

Tonks

Reaction score
Hello, just wondering if anyone else tested positive for FFN and what their experience following was. Did your preterm symptoms increase as predicted, did you have to take more aggressive meds?

I'm on complete bed rests after several bouts of contractions that were 2-3 min apart. No cervix dilation but some shortening and it is soft. It took a couple rounds of terbutaline and procardia to stop the contractions five days also, but since then things seem fairly calm as long as I'm inactive, I'm only on daily procardia now. Anyway I tested positive the other day for FFN so my dr is watching me closely. I know from research the positive is not as accurate as the negative and that many people do not go into labor within two weeks.... But some do.....

I'm 32 weeks so I really want to keep this pregnancy going as long as possible. Just curious if others are in a similar boat and how FFN affected their treatment plan etc.

Thank you!

The nearer you get to term, the more likely a FFN test will present a positive result.

If it makes you feel any better, with my second pregnancy, I had 4 positives from 22 weeks to 32 weeks. I went overdue. :dohh:

My first was born at 27 weeks so i was high risk too. But all ended well!

Rest up, drink plenty to ward off contractions. :)

Thank you, it does make me feel better to hear you had positives and still went to term!!

Its only the negatives that are really accurate so in that sense its a tool that says you may not you will:hugs:

For me, each time it went positive I did have my baby/ have pprom within that 2 week period. I do have a genetic condition that pprom is a complication of though. The Procardia is good, did they give you steroids for the lungs?

Its only the negatives that are really accurate so in that sense its a tool that says you may not you will:hugs:

For me, each time it went positive I did have my baby/ have pprom within that 2 week period. I do have a genetic condition that pprom is a complication of though. The Procardia is good, did they give you steroids for the lungs?

Yes, the contractions started about five days ago and I went to the hospital that evening. They started me on the steroids then and a second shot 24hrs later. They said it was just in case, to help the babies lungs. Today I have barely had any contractions at all so that's good.

The steroids make a huge difference:thumbup:

Its good everything is calming down, try and keep to the rest and drink alot:hugs:

My 32+3 girl only needed cpap for about 12 hours and was out of NICU and home in 20 days and I put that down to the steroids:thumbup:

Also everyday and every week you get further along makes a massive difference! :hugs:

Hitting the 34 week mark will be great!

yes I will feel so relieved!!!! I'm 33 weeks in two more days, yay!!! I'm trying to take it one step at a time and look forward to milestones. Bed rest allows a lot of time for thinking so this is how I manage the anxiety. Only one week and two days tell 34.

Thank you to all you ladies who responded. Best wishes to you as well 😘

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->