positive for gd, do you think my result is high :)

lewys mummy

Reaction score
hi all.
i have been told i have gd. my fasting glucose test was taken @ 8.30 in the morn and it was a 2hr test. before the drink i was 7.2 after the 2 hrs after drink it was 7.3. i would love to listen to anyones experience after positive gd xx

Hello

You're fasting result was a bit high you will be set up with a dietician and nurse at the diabetes clinic who will go through testing and options with you. Generally you're advised to look for a fasting of 5.5 max and 2 hours after a meal 7 max.

Your fasting result can be dramatically influenced by what you ate the night before, alternatively it could be that like me you'll need slow release insulin before bed to bring it in line.

In terms of diet I was advised not to cut out carbs but to change the ones you eat, look up low GI foods, you want whole grain unprocessed foods ideally and should make sure you have protein with every portion of carbs as the protein helps your body break down the sugar.

I really haven't found it that big a deal and I found out at 28 weeks. My baby is on the bigger side but still within normal, I've had extra scans which was brilliant, I will be induced at 38.5 weeks to make sure she doesn't get too big.

As wannabe mommy said your fasting is a little on the high side. My results were 4.1 fasting so nice and low but after the sugary drunk jumped to 8.9. I was 26 weeks when diagnosed. It's taken a little time adjusting to find the foods that work and ones that don't but I'm doing very well diet controlled so far. I have to have a fasting under 5.5 and one hour after meals to be under 7.5. I attend diabetes clinic every two weeks and have had two scans at 28 and 32 weeks which show her growing perfectly fine. I've been told I will be induced at due date if all remains well (though little lady is breech but that's another story!!)

Once you've been in to see the team you will hopefully feel a lot more reassured by what happens next. Good luck x

thank u ladies. ive been very good so far and have clinic app on 12th may. i already had growth scans booked at 28 and 34 as the little man is big and my son was 9.1 @ 38 wks, so i predict an early exit for this man also :) the only positive side is ive lost 4lb since i started being good,lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->