Positive gender disappointment outcome- There is hope!

MrsClark24

Reaction score
All my life I have wanted 3 boys. That's all, no girls, not two boys, not one boy, three boys. I absolutely love the idea of it, and always have. I've got my names ready and they have been since I was 12 years old when I first decided I wanted boys.

So... At 17 weeks pregnant I had convinced myself that my baby had died, so I booked a private 4D scan just to hear the heartbeat. It was at that scan that baby didn't just give us a sneak peak, but a full on legs wide open shot. And it was definitely a girl.

I was gutted. Absolutely gutted.

My husband was gutted. I spent weeks trying to get my head around it, but every time I would go to buy baby stuff I would look longingly at the boys clothes and the blue colours and I'd have to hold back tears. My husband was even more disappointed than I was, he has two girls from a previous relationship and we both wanted boys. I was terrified that if we had a girl DH would compare her to his other daughters (who he doesn't see) and that seeing another daughter in the world would remind him of the girls he can't see. We were both devastated.

Fast forward and we have a 2 week old baby on our hands.

And she is amazing. Absolutely perfect.

I cannot believe that I ever wanted her to be a boy. She is adorable, so so cute, I can't even put into words how amazing she is. And the best thing, she looks like me :happydance: Don't get me wrong, I still want boys, and there is a teeny tiny part of me that is a bit gutted that I'll never have my 3 boys that I dreamt of, but I wouldn't swap my DD for anything in the world, she is just amazing.

I experienced first hand gender disappointment and I was so scared that I would resent the baby for not being a boy. I can't tell you how far away from those feelings that I am.

It gets better, I promise. I just wanted to put a positive on what feels like such a negative time.

Thanks for sharing. I was the opposite to you. Only wanted girls.

I felt exactly the same when my son was born. I wouldn't swap him for the world!

Now I'm just obsessing over getting a girl the next time!

Thanks for sharing. This is my first experience with GD. I have 3 boys and was happy to have boys. I used to only want boys too. Its funny but after 3 of them, as much as I love them and wouldn't change them for the world, and as much as I know I will love another boy if I have one, I find myself wanting the girl I never thought I would want.

I only wanted girls, I felt so sad having a boy, but couldn't imagine it any other way! I'll be fine never having a daughter. I would be so over the moon if this baby was another boy.

lovely to know...it crazy that it so hard to imagine when they actually here...(and i have a 1yr old).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->