Positive induction

horseybird

Reaction score
Hello ladies. This is just a short post aimed at all of you facing possible induction. Everyone also seems to tell you their horror stories which is not helpful when you are trying to get your head together.

I was induced at 42 weeks due to overdue pregnancy. My second baby. My first was overdue but started . My cervix prior to induction was soft central and 3cm. I had 2 sweeps which didn't work. Not a single sign that labour was happening!

The worst bit about induction was the fact we were on antenatal ward waiting for a bed to come free on labour ward . Everytime an emergency, or spontaneous labour came in and pushed my labour back. I was on the ward for 24 hours before a space was available. Whilst on ward baby was checked, cervix was deemed favourable for breaking waters which is done in labour ward.

Once there baby was monitored then they broke waters. For me this didn't hurt, just bit uncomfy, I was encouraged to mobilise and had mild contractions straight away, a hour in I was 4cm and then my body went into strong contractions and she was born after 4 hours of labour, using gas and air, had an episiotomy. Although the labour was quicker it mirrored my natural labour and for me just jump started it. Very happy with the midwives care and that the contractions were the same as my first labor.

Good luck to every lady facing induction xxxx

Thanks for post! Very reassuring :)
Hope your little girl is doing well :)

Thank you for your positive post. I am being induced on Wednesday, so hopefully will go as smoothly as yours.

I also had a positive induction with my second daughter at 37 weeks. I had pressaries at 10 am 16 Feb they got to work bit uncomfortable and kept fall in out but no pain just slight pressure. Next morning I had waters broke at 11.30 took pethadine to pass time as I was only 3cm next thing I remember is telling midwife I need to push. She thought I was imaging it so didn't rush herself I done way my body told me to and zoe was born at 2.26pm. I actually preferred the induction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->