Positive IVF baby water birth after THREAT OF INDUCTION!!!

PrincessBree

Reaction score
Was due to be induced on Saturday at 11am...so Friday night I went to cook dinner for my mum...was a week overdue and desperate for the baby to come out.

You know they say to stay active so i Twerked around the kitchen while I was cooking LOL which was interesting with my pelvic issues but I really wanted the baby to move down...by the time we had finished eating I could feel some mild contractions in my back !!

I decided to ignore them as they weren't very painful but I became very serious and said to hubby that we need to go home straight away !!

So went home I didn't mention my contractions as didn't want to make a fuss I got into bed and realised they were regular but not close together. By about 1am hubby came to bed.Soon as he laid dwn the contractions cranked up and I was in bad pain the pains started to speed up to every 4 mins. Something was happening and it was happening quickly.

I put my tens machine on my back and used that to try and ease some of the pain.I then rang the hospital. They told me I wasn't ready to come in and as it was my first baby I was going to be in labour for hours.They said that if I went into the hospital they would send me home.They reluctantly let me go in.

I felt abit deflated I just needed something for my pain! I got to the hospital and they examined me and I was 1cm dilated :wacko: I had been 1 cm for 2 weeks :haha: so I was annoyed and frightened* because the pain was so intense and I was concerned that I wasn't getting anywhere.

I begged them to let me stay as I didn't think I could cope with the pain much longer .

They put me into a side room in what felt like the very back of the hospital as far away as you can get from labour suite :growlmad: They said I wasn't ready for any pain relief �� I really had to pray at that moment because I was thinking if nothing is happening I'm not in active labour (3-4cm dilated ) why am I in such pain ?!

They gave me strong paracetamol or tylenol whatever you call it not even designed to touch a contraction !! However it helped me to sleep a little and I stayed there in the room contracting between sleep. I kept the tens machine cranked up massaging my back and began to visualise that each contraction was helping me dilate which gave them a purpose and helped me cope a little bit . I also envisioned myself punching the walls and getting reallly mad with them but by Gods grace (for them lol ) i didnt .I was thinking I needed to go for a big poo and kept saying to myself jeez I'd probably feel alright if I could just poo !!

Then I felt wet and sticky between my legs and wondered what it was stood up and blood was dripping out of me.I rang the bell the emergency bell I could feel pressure in my bum it was like an elephant was trying to escape through my bottom lol ....

The midwife came and said ok your bleeding are you feeling pressure ?Let me check you ...her face dropped as she felt around inside...her eyes went proper wide - your 9cm dilated we need to get you to labour suite now...

I was in such shock hubby was grinning from ear to ear..I had gone from 1 to 9 in 2 hours with a paracetamol and tens machine!!!(Drank raspberry leaf tea from 36 weeks several cups per day )

I asked for epidural they said it was too late and I probz wouldn't have time to get into pool either... ��

I got hooked up to the gas and air which was a pleasant distraction and they decided that they would fill the pool just in case there was time .

There was time so I dove into the pool which was lovely calming and soothing.

Put the Christian soothing music on and I had everyone be very calm and quiet - no talking -strange normally I'm a chatterbox I hate silences I love noise child birth had me very introverted almost silent no screaming I was the exact opposite of my true self -hubby said it was only time he's gotten me to be quiet :winkwink:

Spent 3 hours in the pool quietly relaxed & contracting.

But the contractions started to slow down I was too chill so I had get out the pool .

They started saying we they would need to intervene to get baby out because I'd been 10 cm for too long.They wheeled me off away from my lovely pool.They started talking about forceps and vontouse suction for babies head.That is when I went into beast mode.

The fear of intervention made me panic - i jumped up off the wheelchair and grabbed around my mums neck and pushed like I had the constipation of my life!Gravity seemed to help because soon as I was standing and pushing he just seemed to literally shoot right out!!?My hubby caught it on film -Yaaay

Sweet baby boy in Mama's arms after 5 years trying 1 loss and 1 round of IVF.

He is 7 months now :cry: but that remains still the best day of my life :thumbup:

Aw I love your story! How special that your DH captured the birth on camera too!

Lovely birth story! Congratulations :D

Eleanor - Thanx hun yess soo nice ��I watch it when I get abit broody!

Jogami :) Thanx doll !! Can't wait to do it again

Myheart ��Thanx luv

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"