Positive OH story!

Dani_Ldn

Reaction score
Since all I have read lately seems to be about lazy OH's not helping, I thought I would share a positive story!

My hubby is usually generally helpful around the house, but can be a bit lazy from time to time, but these past few weeks he has been so good! He has been pretty much keeping the house clean himself, making dinner most nights (in fact every night this week) & doing the washing up too as he can see that I am getting more tired & uncomfortable every day, taking the dog out for walks after work now that the sun is still up, it is so lovely & so helpful & I really appreciate it so much!

I hope everyone else's OH is treating them well too!

It's so nice to hear a positive oh story. Mine doesn't do all that but he works really hard and is always very caring when I'm in pain or tired. I live him he is great!

That's so sweet of him! What a great OH story!

Mine is lazy but he is always there for me to rub my back and get me anything while he's at home. He works at night and I work during the day. But he is at every doc appt and he is there to catch me if I trip on my own two feet or trying to get out of our tall bed. LOL! He's a wonderful man even if he is lazy when it comes to housework.

I honestly don't know what I'd do without my husband; this whole pregnancy all I've wanted to do is be lazy! (I'm guessing that whole nesting phase is skipping me) He stepped in and took over maintaining the apartment and the cats when we found out I was pregnant without me asking. Glad your husband is taking care of you as well! :hugs:

Your OH sounds brillant! Mine is about to have to go away for 2-3 weeks, but he's doing it for the family. He's always there when I need him and a damn good laugh. He really is amazing and my best friend. X

Lovely to hear positive stories :)

My husband has been amazing my entire pregnancy too - even though I'm now on mat leave, he still comes home from work cooks tea and does the dishes if I'm not feeling up to it. He does the laundry, dries and folds it all and just generally helps with the house work... All this at the same time as looking after me and our little bun in the oven, giving me back rubs, running me baths etc :)

There are most definitely good men out there :) x

My OH is a star and I feel so sorry for girls on here who have lazy nightmare OHs. He's in complete nesting mode, decorating the entire house for me (don't worry, I'm keeping away from the paint) and looking after me. He's always been like that plus he's tall, handsome and funny, I really don't know what I did to deserve him as I'm very lazy, ha ha!

Lovely to hear that you are all being well looked after! After all, we all definitely deserve it!

That's brilliant, you are very lucky. :)
The most I get out of mine is the odd extra hour lay in every couple of weeks! No chance of getting much more out of him, he does cook quite often but that's his actual job and he likes it. No chance with dishes, the kitchen or bathroom. And I think he would need the manual to work the washing machine!
I get the odd Sunday when his mum has my son most the day and that's when I get to do my big clean rather than just maintaining, literally broke my back doing it Sunday, couldn't move for hours, he was off Monday and Tuesday and by Tuesday it didn't even look like I'd done it! It's like looking after another child. He was looking for his passport and pulled everything out the wardrobe and left most of it on the floor. I could have cried!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->