Positive OPK 4 days in a row

lancelot

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum. I have been ttc for almost 2 years now with no luck :cry: . My cycle is around 31 to 33 days. Here's a thing about my cycles, sometimes in 3 to 4 months it is regular then out of a sudden I stop having period for like 2-3 months. The longest cycle I've been is 74 days (and -ve after -ve HPTs), then I have to induced my period.
So, this year I start having period on February (27th) and then on March (31st), now I am currently in CD42. So I was like "here we go again with that crazy cycles." And then a bunch of my OPKs came from the mail, so I decided to try just to see maybe I am ovulating late. It was on CD38 when I tried that OPK, it was positive and the test line is darker than the control line( finally I thought, I caught it!), I never had that dark of a line before! So, DH and I BD that night :sex: , I was feeling very hopeful, I even put my legs up for 30 minutes . So the next day after work, I tested again to see if the lines is still there, to my surprise it is still there and darker than yesterday! Then I google like maniac :wacko: Some says, I could have an elevated LH after O. So, I become POAS from CD38-CD41. The test line is still darker than the control line for 4 days now. So, I read a forum that OPK can detect HCG because LH and HCG is very similar. Talking about symptoms, well yes I do have but I thought that was AF symptom. I've been hungry,my boobs hurt on and off but I still can handle it, butterfly feeling on and off on my lower abdomen. So, I don't really want to put my hopes high because we all know how it ends if :bfn: and that's why I'm holding on in testing HPT, will wait till CD50 if AF didn't show up.
My questions to you my ttc sisters, have you had this before? is this something to be worried about? :dust:

I know how you feel. I've been told numerous times that after you get that one positive opk to stop testing but, being the poas addict I am :haha: I of course do not listen and continue to take those darn tests. I have had surges last as short as 12 hours and as long as 7 days. I have tested the opk as hpt theory and you would only get a positive opk if your hcg was at least 50 miu which is able to be detected on most pregnancy tests. In short, you would get a positive opk AFTER a positive hpt. The good news is that I ended up conceiving easier with my longer surges than my shorter ones if you are, indeed, having a long surge and are not currently already pregnant. Either way I would continue with the :sex: until you get a :bfp: Good luck!

Thanks for the reply!!
Tested on hpt last friday and I got my :bfp:!!! I am currently 6 weeks now. The OPKs I took has really dark lines,I guess its because I was already 5 weeks then. I didn't test with hpt 1st because I didn't have any hpt with me before. So I guess OPKs caught my :bfp: first

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->