Positive opk and clear thermal shift....no ovulation???

Smille24

Reaction score
My dh and I have been ttc since Sept 2013. We recently started going to an RE after being referred by my obgyn. After a series of tests my 21 day progesterone came back at 1.4. I usually don't ovulate until cd 24. The nurse said that I'm not ovulating. I'm baffled because every month I get a positive opk, ovulation pain and a clear thermal shift. From my understanding progesterone doesn't kick in until after ovulation. Is it possible to not O with positive opks AND a thermal shift?

How insensitive of the nurse to tell you that without solid proof! I've only known that you can ovulate without a positive opk, but if you have a thermal shift, that usually guarantees ovulation. An opk can still register as positive and you can still not ovulate, however the surge will be very short and during the rest of your cycle your test line will be stark white negative. It would only be positive for 24 hours during your entire cycle if you weren't ovulating. You could ask the RE to do an ultrasound to see if you're ovulating. That is the only sure way to tell. I actually had to have one done to make sure I was ovulating after being unable to become pregnant for almost 6 months.

Thanks for your response. I'm really upset that they did not allow me to do this bloodwork later in my cycle since they know I don't have 28 day cycles. Up until yesterday I have been very pleased with how this office has handled things. I will discuss this with the RE at my next appointment and get answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->