positive opk but can't BD tonight! =(

brit_anne

Mommy of a 7 year old
Reaction score
So, it's CD 11 for me and I decided to buy the digital OPKs. I took one around noon, held my pee since 7:30am, and got the plain circle. Then around 4pm, I took another test and it was a solid smiley face! Not even the flashing smiley. My SO is a fire-medic and works a 24 hour shift today! We BD'd last night and every day prior but we won't get the chance to until tomorrow evening! :growlmad: I'm so bummed as I did not think I'd O so early! Do you think I still have a chance? I'm so scared I am gonna miss our chance this month.

The bad news that you already know is that the best time for BD is now, about 24h before ovulation, which is what the opk predicts with its positive.
BUT the good news is that the second best day is 2 days before so you most definitely have a chance!! If you do get pregnant this month, there's a higher chance that it's a girl than boy I read. Boy sperms are quicker so if the pregnancy came from BD very close to ovulation, they have a better chance at being the egg. But girl sperms last longer so they'd have a better chance if the pregnancy codes from sex longer before ovulation. Or so they say!!

Thank you for easing my mind a bit! FX we didn't miss our chance.

I'm currently pregnant and we has sex 4-5 days before ovulation. I think you're well within range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->