positive opk for 2 days...no ovulation. Is this normal?

Mafi419

Reaction score
Hello,

This month is the first time I'm keeping a record of my cycle, and even though I always thought I was pretty regular, I'm starting to doubt it. I got my first +opk on CD14 (around 10pm)and now I'm on CD16 and I still have positive opk's and no ovulation (my temperature didn't rise and I keep having positive opk tests). Is this to be expected? Shouldn't I ovulate in the 24 hours that follow the first +opk?

Thank you for your time :)

Mine is similar. It happened last month too. An LH surge that lasts a few days is normal. I bet your temp rises in the next day or so. :). Just keep watching and keep BD until it does :)

I really hope so because I'm secretly freaking out :wacko:

And I can't keep BD because we are still waiting to start TTC...and because I'm married to another woman lol but thank you :)

Oh :) hehe. Well, if this helps, I had my 4th day of OPKs, but ovulated yesterday, according to my temps. Do you watch your CM at all?

Yeah, I've been doing it for the past month. I read somewhere that the body temperature actually rises 12 to 36 hours after ovulation. I had 3 days of positive opk and then my temperature rose:

CD14: First positive OPK (evening)
CD15: Positive OPK
CD16: Positive OPK
Early hours of CD17 (Like 2 or 3 AM): Negative OPK and temperature rise

I thought that I had ovulated between CD16 and CD17, but after reading that I'm thinking that it's possible I ovulated during CD16 (morning or even afternoon). What do you think?

How reliable is the ovulation suggestion of the fertility friend website? (image attached)

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã - 2014-03-15, 00.57.23.png
    Captura de ecrã - 2014-03-15, 00.57.23.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 1
That's a good question. My chart has me a teensy bit confused. Since I had so many days of postive OPKs. It does look like you ovulated on cd 16 though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->