Positive Test

Dory85

Reaction score
Please help me, I am freaking out!!

I'm on the mini pill (cerazette) and have been for a few years now. About a week and a half ago I had a full period (or withdrawal bleed, whatever) for about 5 days which never happens (I simply don't get a period). Since then I've had bloody discharge (sorry, tmi). My friend had something similar a couple of years ago, turned out to be cervical cancer and she passed away at 27 last year so I researched on the internet straight away. I looked up on the internet and everywhere said it was unlikely but to take a pregnancy test.

I just tested with a predictor hpt and within 10 seconds it was showing positive. Is there any way this could be wrong!? I keep joking with my boyfriend that I want a baby but no way do I want on if he's not ready, and we're not married yet, and I'm starting nurse training in January!!

I've kept the test in case it changes (yes, I'm delusional) but in the 15 minutes since taking it the line has just got darker. I took a photo but because I'm freaking out, I can't find my camera cable to upload it.

I will try to later but it depends if I get the chance. I don't want my boyfriend to know until I know for definite in case he suspects I've done it on purpose with how much I go on about it!!

Can it be wrong? Everywhere says it's very unlikely to get a wrong positive result. Also, because I don't have real periods on my pill I have no idea, if I am, how pregnant I am. I don't FEEL pregnant. God, I hope I'm not, I don't know what I would do.

Please tell me it can be wrong!!

The test wont change hun. If a positive was there within ten seconds then I'm pretty sure it's correct. Try posting this in the Pregnancy Test Gallery instead? x

It's VERY unlikely to get a false positive.. Stop taking the pill and get to your Dr! I was on Cerazette up until recently and from what I've heard since joining this site, it can be unreliable... Of course, with ANY pill it's still possible to get pregnant on it and it sounds like you are! Don't panic, it's a lot to take in, but if it's meant to be, you'll make it work.

I obviously don't know what your relationship with your BF is like, but I'd tell him asap...perhaps after going to the doctors and getting the pregnancy confirmed. He may be more for the idea than you think....give him a couple of days to get used to the idea too as initial reactions could stem from panic (I know even my hubby who will be THRILLED when we get pregnant will have a moment of "OMG!" as will I :lol:) and you both need some time to consider your options and discuss what you want to do together, calmly and reasonably.

:hugs: Don't worry about him thinking you did it on purpose; just tell him what you've said on here, how you feel about being pregnant and that despite going on about it you never thought you'd actually get pregnant and considering the situation wouldn't have intentionally planned it until you were both ready and in your 'ideal' position...but now it has happened, pills do fail on a daily basis, what do you want to do? Your life doesn't end when you get pregnant, it can just get put on hold.. :) It's not the end of the world, you can still do things, you might just have to delay it temporarily... Just talk and make the decision that's right for you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->