positive test?

jennifer.m84

Reaction score
Hello. I have been reading a lot about pregnancy tests and mostly what I read is that people get negatives even after a few days late. (I'm 9 days late now)
I started getting positive results two days before my missed period. Now I've taken around 8 tests in the days since then and they were all very clear positives.
It seems like most people get a negative around this time so I was wondering could all these be false positive from some other problem? I guess I just worry too much. Did any of you get positives early on?

Most people get positive the day of their missed period.
I got a positive starting from what I think was 8dpo.
This was 6 day before my period was due.
It would be extremely rare to get a false positive, you certainly wouldn't get them on all your tests.
Congratulations, you're pregnant xx

With my first, I got a strong positive on the day I expected AF. With my second, I got a strong positive 2 days before I expected AF. With this baby, I got negatives until 2 days after expected AF when I finally got a positive. What you're saying sounds just perfect. It's almost impossible to get a false positive, unless you are on hormones for something. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

I agree with RasberryK and xdxxtx. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I got a very strong positive 4 days before AF was due on a $tree test.....and now I am wide awake after a bladder run at 3am EST, starving and eating an apple as I browse baby and bump while everyone else in my house is fast asleep but I'm not complaining. Welcome aboard!

I got a positive at 8DPO which is 6 days before my period was due! (And it was dark enough it probably would have been sooner.) I've always had a positive before AF was due with my latest being my twins at 3 days before.

no people get positives quite early actually!! I would say your DEF preggo! Congrats!

I got a strong instant positive on day of expected AF with my first and strong positive 2 days late with this one!

I wouldn't worry and keep in mind what is "late" for one woman can be days before af is due for another. When I first was ttc my luteal phase was 8 days so 9 dpo was "late" for me lol. Obviously that can be quite early for a lot of women with a normal luteal phase to even consider testing and I had quite a few chemical pregnancies. I lengthened my luteal phase to 14 day but I still start testing at 8dpo and got my bfp for this pregnancy at 10 dpo on a frer.

It's nearly impossible to get a false positive as the line only appears if hcg (the pregnancy hormone) is present in your urine. Hcg is only present if your pregnant! I had my first positive 3 days before my period was due. Im now 8 weeks plus 4 days pregnant and saw baby on our scan today! Make a docs apt ask them to confirm your pregnancy and get the ball rolling for seeing midwife! Congratulations! X

It's nearly impossible to get a false positive as the line only appears if hcg (the pregnancy hormone) is present in your urine. Hcg is only present if your pregnant! I had my first positive 3 days before my period was due. Im now 8 weeks plus 4 days pregnant and saw baby on our scan today! Make a docs apt ask them to confirm your pregnancy and get the ball rolling for seeing midwife! Congratulations! X
That's not entirely true as there are some other rare conditions that can cause elevated hcg (non pregnant women do have traces normally) even rarely in men.

I posted a thread In 2 week wait called "I tested 6 days early bfp?" with photos, they start light and get darker

That's not entirely true as there are some other rare conditions that can cause elevated hcg (non pregnant women do have traces normally) even rarely in men.

I did say nearly impossible :) and after 8 positive pregnancy tests and a missed period it's unlikely she has a very very rare condition resulting in hcg being present whilst not pregnant. Wanted to reasure the OP that she has nothing to worry about and I'd be willing to bet money that she's got a little baby in her tummy x

I got my positive yesterday at 9DPO! I couldn't believe, and in fact I took a test just to rule out pregnancy since I was going in for my annual exam. My period is not due until Saturday! I also have no symptoms which makes it feel so surreal :)

I did say nearly impossible :) and after 8 positive pregnancy tests and a missed period it's unlikely she has a very very rare condition resulting in hcg being present whilst not pregnant. Wanted to reasure the OP that she has nothing to worry about and I'd be willing to bet money that she's got a little baby in her tummy x
Oh, yes, more than likely she is. If your husband pees on one for a joke and it shows up, then he better go get checked by the doctor (and I doubt they're going to find any little beings in there ;) ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->