Positives of having a complete family

apple_20

Mum of two
Reaction score
My family is complete, I still get broody though and sad knowing we won't have another. I thought it would be nice for people to write the positives of being a complete family. Help us broody mummy's put it into perspective!
I will start,
Being able to focus on my career without thinking when will I be back on maternity leave etc.

I want to say getting more sleep but that hasn't happened yet!

For me (and I'm not 100% sure that I feel my family is complete yet, but my husband is 100% sure, so that's probably it), I feel that there are a lot positives for me in having a complete family:

*I no longer have to endure all of the pokey blood draws and other prenatal appointments...I'm needle-phobic, and this was torturous for me.
*I no longer have to worry about miscarriage and pregnancy loss...after suffering from miscarriages and anxiety during pregnancy, I feel fortunate that I won't have to put myself through this again.
*I don't have to worry that something is wrong with the baby, due to my age...I'm now 37, and I was of "advanced maternal age" with both of my children, which meant a lot of extra monitoring, genetics testing, etc. The two children I've been blessed with are fine thus far, and I know I'd stress out during a third pregnancy.
*Financially, we're doing pretty well, and a third baby would definitely impede that.
*We're finally sleeping again! Yay!!!!!
*We finally have a good routine and schedule going as a family.

only having to go through everything once.

My two have started playing properly together it's lovely to watch. No throwing another into the equation!

Being able to forward plan, like book age appropriate activities or holidays for X amount of people in advance. That means it's cheaper and you've got time to pay stuff off.

For me it's the no more years of trying and loss after loss. It's knowing I'll never have to bury another baby or go through the trauma of a pregnancy after recurrent and late losses.

It's (eventually) having children who are some what independent. You can pee on your own, have a bath and shave in peace. Yes they're the big things :haha:

Knowing that when DS3 is potty trained I'll be finally done with nappies (I've had at least 1 baby in nappies for 5+ years now)

Anymore kids and they won't fit in the car

When DS3 goes to nursery they'll finally all be at the same school setting

Any more babies and we'd have to move house

We can look forward to family holidays without having to put it on hold for another pregnancy

I can aim at getting my body back :haha:

All great positives, can't wait for no more nappies!!!

And just thought of another- getting rid of bulky baby toys bath etc that you don't throw away between babies :)

We'd need a bigger car

We'd need a bigger house

No more nappies

No more toddler tantrums

No more planning our days around naps and if the nap goes wrong it throws the whole day off

Gaining that independence back

Gaining my body back

Not having to deal with my mixed emotions about breastfeeding

No more fear of pnd

No more storage of baby stuff

Watching my family grow

Sleep! X10000000

I'd want another home birth, but because I technically heamoragged (trouble delivering my placenta) with ds3 I'd have to fight for it which I'm just awful at doing so would be stuck in hospital again..

My youngest has started nursery school this week and started off well but been abit upset the past 2 days which is really heartbreaking. I don't want to have to go through that a 3rd time.

I often think to myself these days, I'm glad I don't have to do such an such again/anymore, or I'm glad I only have 2, some of these things are-

When buying there clothes- expensive enough for 2 to have nice clothes

Hair cuts

Uniform shopping

The thought of 3 lots of homework and school trips after school activities, friends birthdays etc is overwhelming!

Food shopping

Booking holidays and day trips

Meals out

everyone sleeps well majority of the time

Been able to do older kid stuff- ice skating, cinema etc

Not having to do weaning again, I'm terrified of choking

Getting easier to go out

The 'perks' of having only 2- tickets, 1 parent been able to take 2 to give other a break etc

There relationship, there best friends have some similar interests we can do things they both enjoy

There's no doubt more but these are off the top of my head :)

I'm looking forward to being able to take both my children to the cinemas (too young atm)

take them to age appropriate fun days out,

holidays,

Christmases with extended family.

As pp said not scheduling days around nap routine. As we currently still are.

My two have just started playing nicely sometimes together and it's beautiful to watch. Fills me with love and pride.

I just can't wait for all the great memories we can make. Now that we gave completed our family. This is the next step for us. Our journey as a family. Together, the four of us. <3

Sleep!!!!! My daughter didn't sleep through once until she was nearly two!!! Now I can even have a lie in because the kids are now capable of making their own breakfast!

As they are both at school now I can do things for myself again.

My own mental health (long story lol) I have schizoaffective disorder and another baby would almost definately mean a long term stay in the mother and baby unit.

I'm bonding more with the kids now - ive even got my 9 yr old into red dwarf! We also cook and clean together and go shopping. She can also go down the park (with a friend) by herself now. We got her a phone for Christmas .

Also I'm about to become an aunty!! My brother and SIL are having a baby and I'm not even jealous! Although I'm very excited to meet the baby! I love babies, and they're so rewarding but they're also such hard work!

* Not worrying about SIDS/something else awful happening to a vulnerable newborn
* Sleep!
* Not having to get by on maternity pay
* Being able to do older kid stuff with all of my children
* Being able to focus on myself a bit more, get back in shape and not put it off thinking "oh there's no point, I'll just be pregnant again in a few months". :dohh:
* No more baby mess at meal times (I swear my youngest is able to multiply any food item by 10, pulp it and spread it everywhere)
* Traveling (bus/train/flights) will be easier
* Once my youngest is at nursery I will have 2.5 days a week where I can work and tidy in peace which will be amazing!

For me recently I decided that I was having no more and that my 2 are my complete family my positives for this meant that I can now plan my career I'm going back to college this September with plans to go to university next September to do my paramedic studies. If I had another baby this wouldn't be possible it would mean putting my life on hold again living in the same council house and not really moving forwards. For me I want a good job so I can get a mortgage and a nice house on a nice estate another baby would make this harder to achieve. I am looking into getting sterilised when I turn 30 next year as my doctor won't let me have it done before then.

Positives of being done -

Knowing i can get the house all properly decorated when my youngest is about 3 (only 10 weeks now) and it not being completely trashed by messy toddlers.

Planning holidays/days out etc and not have any other babies to add on.

Being done with nappies/potty training.

My kids are 2.5 and 3.5 and we have now started little traditions/routines, on a fri night we have movie night with popcorn and pizza and were trying to start swimming on sat mornings. They have got into these routines and enjoy them but find it hard to keep up with things like this when you have the chaos of babies ir being tired with pregnancy etc.

In the very far away future im excited to book a big abroad family holiday that i couldnt do with a baby or small toddler.

When my youngest is at nursery i plan to go back to uni to retrain as a nurse. If i was to have another id have to put it off another 3 years!

I say all this but my youngest is very new and still has to do all these things haha.

Im not looking forward to not having a pram or buggy iv pushed one everyday for the past 3.5 years and think il still have one another 2 years. I feel so strange walking without a buggy!

I get to go to yoga class, get my hair & nails done, meet friends for dinner, read books until the end. I don't have to carry heavy-ass loads anymore. I don't have to cater to someone else 24/7. I don't have to do diapers or lose sleep or carry a 50 lb diaper bag. I get to go to the movies. I don't have to lug around a strolller. I don't have to pay for an extra suitcase just for his diapers & such every time we travel. I don't have to tidy the house constantly because he can put away his things now. I don't have to wipe his booty anymore. Omg...the list goes on & on & on...

I love some of these responses.

We are nearly nappy free in the day, can't wait...

I don't have to have a pushchair anymore (but do use one occasionally)

Next summer I'm thinking holiday abroad woo.

Also we can do actual fun things like bowling!

Omg babies are such hard work, it's a good job they are cute.

Just thought of another thing

The Christmas trees been up over a month with presents underneath and everything is still intact!

They make their own breakfasts now

Again, I know I said it before but it's a big one! SLEEP!!!!!

Also when they're sick they can be sick in the toilet or a bucket - no more cleaning disgustingness off mattresses at 2am!

Yes that is a positive my youngest can now tell me she feels sick and needs a bowl. It's the little things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->