Possible anterior placenta?

harveygirl

Reaction score
Had a scan a few weeks ago and baby was half behind placenta when they did scan. When they switched the 3d on you could only see some of the baby. Does this mean placenta is anterior? I am not feeling much movement , only very lightly and occasionally . Could this be why??

Hmmm.... I had only one ultrasound and that was my anatomy scan around 18 weeks. The tech only told me about the location of my placenta when I asked if it was anterior or posterior.

There's no difference whether the placenta is anterior or posterior, just as long as it does not cover the cervix. If baby was hiding behind the placenta, it could very well be anterior. That may also be the reason why you have only felt little movements.

All in all, nothing to worry about!

With my first I had an anterior placenta and hardly felt any movements the entire pregnancy till right towards the end when they were strongest and even then they weren't that strong to me. With labour and delivery had no complicationa due to placenta position, only had issue due to DD wantinf to get out asap. Haha.
With my pregnancy now I have a posterior placenta and can feel a lot more movement and even see little kicks etc which I hardly saw last time.

Try not to worry :hugs:

My placenta is like this they told me when I went for my 20 week scan. I always feel movements really low down or on my right hand side. Don't think it's anything to worry about unless covering cervix

I've had this both times! They should have written it down in your notes! nothing to worry about, can mask some kicks in the earlier days!

I had an anterior placenta and hardly felt any movements, as pp said though this was written on my notes

I have anterior placenta and I have been feeling baby regularly for about two maybe three weeks now. They are definitely noticeable, DH can feel them from the outside as well. Last night I could even see the little treasure nustling its head down the right side of my abdomen. Not that much further along than you are, so don't count yourself out on feeling baby kicks soon just yet

I have an anterior placenta this time (first time out of 3 pregnancies) and have just started to feel strong movements the past couple of weeks. It was similar in my previous 2 pregnancies aswell so i'm not sure how much effect the anterior placenta is actually having, guess it depends on baby's position aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->