possible ASD? or something else?

Sounds a lot like us I've started doing the same pointing to my mouth so he's watching my lips and talking. We actually got a 2nd hearing test in a few weeks though the 1st 1 didn't show he had any hearing problems they just couldn't get the wee pen thing in his ear to get a reading and I don't think he'll let them this time round.
Do you stay in Scotland ? :)

Hi folks, my LO had her initial appointment at the end of June and the consultant spent an hour and a half with us, observing play and interactions etc, plus he asked me lots of questions, he explained what support we would be given ie salt, and said he will see LO again in December, then in 12 months she will get a formal diagnosis, at which point he said he expects her to be diagnosed with ASD - this took me by surprise as I didnt think there would be any indication of a what he thought after the first meeting so its taken me a bit by surprise.

FOB and my family are trying to be supportive but I just dont think they want to believe it, which is making me doubt myself and it means I dont talk about it as much as I would like :nope:

Scotsgirl - who is arranging your nursery funding ? LO is due to start pre school in August which is private, so it would be great to get some help with that as a single mum

lynne my ds has had 2 hearing tests but never completed them through his attention span but what they have done so far they are not concerned although he has to have another one done anyway. im from the south Lanarkshire area.
willow my speech therapist has made a recommendation to my paediatrician and she is going to write a letter for me so I can get fundng as its in his best interests to get the extra sessions at nursery. once hes 3 its government funded anyway xx

Willow
That sounds totally different from our appointment I was really disappointed the consultant didn't spend any time trying to interact with my son a few slide glances here and there for 10 15 mins then I had to take him out the room to sit with my dad as he was thrown a tantrum. Sounds like yours was a lot more focused on you child.
Xx

Willow
That sounds totally different from our appointment I was really disappointed the consultant didn't spend any time trying to interact with my son a few slide glances here and there for 10 15 mins then I had to take him out the room to sit with my dad as he was thrown a tantrum. Sounds like yours was a lot more focused on you child.
Xx

It was a really positive meeting - the paediatrician was lovely, he wanted to get her weighed and a quick look at her skin etc but didnt want to upset her so left it all to the end and said that if she was unhappy at any stage we could just stop, there were two student doctors with us who played with her the whole time, and the best bit was the waiting room which has more toys than an average nursery was where we spent the whole meeting, I came away feeling very confident in the people who will be supporting us :thumbup: , sorry to hear your experience was so different :nope:

Hi ladies just a wee update. My son has seen his paediatrician a few times and also a new speech therapist. He's now on the waiting list for diagnostic test. Speech therapist is pretty certain he has ASD. I'm forever asking her as he has improved so much with speech since starting nursery and is even attempting to play with some friends. It's very confusing but although he's using a lot more words, a lot of his sentences are repeating other people. He also still has poor gross motor skills and poor spatial awareness. Hes 3 next month and I worry what the future holds for him but wether he gets a diagnosis or not I will continue to support him fully to make him be the best he can be and more importantly be happy. Pre diagnosis is such a stressful and worrying time

Hi ladies just a wee update. My son has seen his paediatrician a few times and also a new speech therapist. He's now on the waiting list for diagnostic test. Speech therapist is pretty certain he has ASD. I'm forever asking her as he has improved so much with speech since starting nursery and is even attempting to play with some friends. It's very confusing but although he's using a lot more words, a lot of his sentences are repeating other people. He also still has poor gross motor skills and poor spatial awareness. Hes 3 next month and I worry what the future holds for him but wether he gets a diagnosis or not I will continue to support him fully to make him be the best he can be and more importantly be happy. Pre diagnosis is such a stressful and worrying time

What ever the outcome he'll be fine so long as he has you in his corner x
We got our first salt app through he go's next week so we'll see how it go's thought he's doing really well at nursery and his behaviours improved a lot over the last few weeks xx

What ever the outcome he'll be fine so long as he has you in his corner x
We got our first salt app through he go's next week so we'll see how it go's thought he's doing really well at nursery and his behaviours improved a lot over the last few weeks xx
nursery is a god send, you will have to let me know how he gets on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"