Possible induction - OB has me scared!

prettybirdy27

Reaction score
I've had a normal healthy pregnancy so far except for having a blood clotting disorder called Factor V Leiden. For this, I'm simply on baby aspirin, and on the watch for DVT.

However, at my 38 week checkup last night, my OB told me she wants to induce early due to the Factor V, reason being that the longer I'm pregnant, the greater the risk of a clot. She had me go for a biophysical ultrasound last night and said that will help her determine if an early induction is needed. We have a follow up appointment next Wednesday where we will hear the results of the ultrasound and her decision, and if needed, we will start induction the next day.

This has me pretty scared. She completely blindsided me with it. I wish she had told me at any point sooner in the pregnancy that the Factor V could call for an early induction.

She told me that induction can increase your chances of needing a csection. She also told me that inducing can be very difficult if your body isn't ready. But it basically seemed that her concern over me getting a clot was greater than her concern over those things.

Essentially Im just very scared of induction. She said if my body is progressing enough by next Wednesday and if the ultrasound looks good, then we can probably wait it out for me to go naturally, or else push induction back a week. But she definitely doesn't want me to reach 41 weeks, induction may definitely be in the cards for me.

Bless you Hun, all my inductions have been fine not 1 c section. I would say an epidural increases your chances of having a c section. You can't feel when you need to push. Can't remain mobile & also can slow labour down & more chance of intervention like vontose or forceps needed. But that being said sometimes induction can be more painful with the drip.. It's still very do able tho Hun. I have done all my labours pain free all inductions & no intervention. Good luck Hun sure it will be fine x

I had an induction at 39 weeks with my son and had an epidural and all was fine. I did have a second degree tear which was stitched incorrectly and formed a hematoma causing me to require emergency surgery and a blood transfusion. But that was unrelated to the induction and epidural.

I was induced at 37.5 weeks and it was fantastic. Propess pessary inserted then a waiting game for 24 hrs to see if labour would start. I had a few mild contractions but that was it so when the pessary was removed they broke my waters. 56 hrs later I had my LG.

No epidural or IV anything just a bit of gas n air.

I had a very positive I fiction experience. I was induced at 39 weeks due to GD, I was only in labor for 6 hours from start to finish. Are you dilated at all yet?

I was induced twice. First time with an epidural and second without and no c sections needed! I agree I think the risk comes more with epidural but it doesn't mean it would happen even if you get that. Try to relax. Hopefully your next ultrasound and all goes well so you have more time to go into labor on your own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->