• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Possible miscarriage or something else

Pink Petals

Reaction score
I think I might be losing my baby and I am beside myself. :cry:

This is my second and I am supposed to be 7-8 weeks pregnant. This morning, I had a gush of bright red blood, followed by minor cramping and back pain. Since then, there has been small amounts of darker, brown blood. No sizeable clots or anything like that. Bleeding has mostly stopped.

I went to the ER and they did an ultrasound. They said I am measuring just 5-6 weeks. No heart beat could be detected.

I am told that one of two things is going on...
1) I am not as far along as I thought and it is too early to see the heart beat. I don't see how this is possible. I know the conception date and the dates just don't add up.
2) It is a failed pregnancy.

And they just don't know... They want to look at another ultrasound and check my HCG levels in another 10 days. In the meantime, I am going crazy. I feel like this baby must be gone, because the dates just don't add up. :cry:

I am sorry to say this, but in my case this was a miscarriage. The doc kept wanted to watch and wait before doing a D&C - and it was agony. I think they don't want to rely on the word of the patient (I was also sure of my dates, as we had used OPK and did the deed only then - no way was I 3 weeks later than I though). The waiting really was agonizing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->