Possible Miscarriage?

Koala2.0

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new to this site. This past weekend I experienced what I believe was a missed miscarriage, but I need support in confirming it and words of comfort. I apologize for all the T.M.I, but if any of you have experienced anything similar to this, please answe back. I feel so confused and greif stricken. I will try to be as detailed and brief as possible.

This past August my period was suppoed to start on the 10th. However, it ended up being 9 days late. I had a very light, brown coffee ground discharge that lasted for two days, but never any fresh blood or uterine lining. At the same time, I started experincing pregnancy-like symptoms that I never get such as headaches, night time acid reflux, very itchy abdomen, a very full, bloated and hard belly which was actually quite uncomfortable, and full feeling breasts. I had no cramps or tenderness or any of my usual symptoms of menstruation. I started to get pregnancy brain which never happens, and intuitively....I just knew I was pregnant.

I took a home pregnancy test at 9 days late and 11 days late. Both were negative. A blood test taken 14 days late also came back negative, yet on the day that I took the blood test, my new symptoms suddenly stopped. Since the tests were negative and my doctor thought I was just having a weird period due to my birth control pill, I had to let it go. I have been on my current pill for 10 months, and birthcontrol in general for about 14 years.

Fsst forward to this month. My "period" started right on schedule, on the 13th. However it was that scanty brown coffee ground discharge again, so now I'm concerned. There was no cramping or any menstrual symptoms this time and it smelled awful. This discharge lasted from the 13th to Saturday the 17th. On that day I started getting cramps that didn't feel like period cramps. They felt sharper, and got more intense as the evening wore on. I also started an awful headache. My flow was now getting redder and heavier until finally, I passed this clump of cells, tissue and lining about the size of my hand. In the midst of this clump, I saw a very tiny, white, solid object that looked like a perfect comma. There were no other defining features and I have never seen this before. I took it, cleaned it off and examined it more closely. I also took a picture of it. It had the same shape as a young embryo would have.

Up until now, I wasn't really emotional about what was happening. Just concerned about this change in my body and cautious. My periods have always been regular, on time, and my menstrual symptoms have always been the same, so this was bizarre for me. When I passed the "comma", I became overcome with grief. 2 weeks before my late period in August, I felt myself ovulate, which is always from the left side. I felt the egg release from my tube and a short time later hit the right side of my uterus.

I followed up on Monday with my doctor, who told me that I couldn't have miscarried because I'm on the pill, I shouldn't ovulate, periods can get jacked up on the pill, why am I so stuck on this, maybe I should see a psychiatrist.

The thing is, I know I was pregnant. I do occasionally miss a pill, but otherwise I'm good about it. I feel in my heart that I miscarried, but I'm not getting any professional guidance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->