possible seizures?

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
Posted this on baby club 1st to see if anyone else has noticed their newborn do this, but so far just R&R!

Hoping some of you in here may have experiance with seizures and offer some help and advice

at 3 different times today my baby has brought her arms up to either side of her face (like flexing) while her eyes have been flickering.

the last 2 times she did this i havent been able to get her attention until she stops doing it.

The 2nd time it happened we took her straight to the doctors and she said shes responsive and appears fine and if it happens frequently over the weekend to take her to pedi a&e.

She has also referred her to a pedi as well but said it may take 2-3weeks

So please please please tell me someone has had experiance of this with their baby shes only 3 weeks old and im so scared because everyone is saying seizures

No experience of this as such (my little boy had full-blown Infantile Spasms at 6m).

But one piece of advice - get a recording of it happening, either a camera or better is to use the video function on your phone. This is helpful because, if you take your baby to Ped A&E, she probably won't have a fit/seizures while you are there. Instead you can show the video to the doctors so that they can see exactly what happens.

My daughter had her first seizure she was only 2hours old. She went on having them for 2 weeks. Then they changed and she only has partial seizures. That shows as flickering in the eyes. Other people can't notice anything but she had an eeg done and it picked it up. If you feel something is wrong, even if other people can't see it have it checked. Everyone told me I was paranoid but the doctor agreed with me and asked for the eeg. She is now on medication and did not have visible seizures for over 2 years.

I know many children with epylepsy and many grow out of it, so better to have it now than later...

My little one has had seizures since birth, and it does sound like your little one may be having them. When I'm not sure if Harry is having one or not the doctors said to see if you can get him to respond. If he isn't then he is probably having one. It is scary, but there is a lot of help available, and they can have lots of different causes.

If I was you I would take your little one to A and E if you think they have had another one, as it should speed up the process of getting an EEG. If you want anyone to talk to please feel free to message me, as it can be very lonely until you know what is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->