Possible silly question...

Robyn321

Reaction score
This might sound daft but can anyone tell me whether you can have injectibles without an iui? I am supposed to start the injections tomorrow but there is a chance that due to travelling we won't be able to make the iui next week. Can we do the injectibles and then just bd? When I asked my doctor he seemed to think that I was asking for an unmonitored cycle so that all got confused and now I don't have an answer and am stressing instead....

Of course you can. Injections are just to stimulate your ovaries and make you ovulate. Whether you have IUI or BD naturally doesn't really matter (well, naturally they say IUI gives you more chances because sperm is put there at the right time, but still...)

I would still get the scans done though. Injectibles can give you miltiple follicles so it's best to monitor them

Thank you both...was just having a minor panic...!

Hi Robyn, I just wanted to second what Maria F said- if at all possible, it's best to go for the scans, even if you don't think you'll make the IUI. Some women react very strongly to injectionables and end up having ten or twelve follicles. The reason they like to scan you before injecting you with the trigger shot is that if you have too many follicles, the chance of a multiple pregnancy is very high. As I heard it explained once, the stories you hear about ladies ending up with six or eight babies are usually due to injectionables, so it's good to be cautious, particularly if you are against selective reduction.

All the best to you for this cycle!

Thanks J_in_dubai. I'm going in for a scan on Monday so I'll see what's going on...although sometimes I wonder whether having 12 follies would be a bad thing, since I seem to having no luck with smaller numbers!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->