Possible slapped cheek

Jft1

Reaction score
DS is 14 months and hasn’t been himself the last few days. Waking crying during the night and then waking screaming in the morning a lot earlier than he usually does. He’s been napping a lot longer too. I put it down to teething and gave him some calpol, but when I got him up today his cheeks have come out in a red rash, different to the red cheeks he sometimes gets when he’s teething. He had a temperature this morning but he’s got better as the day has went on. Could this be slapped cheek? I know the gp won’t do anything, but not sure if I should phone my midwife on Monday since I’m pregnant. I just feel a bit silly because it’s not confirmed as slapped cheek?

Could possibly be slapped cheek or maybe he was just redder than usual with having a temp if he’s not had a temp for ages ?

Might be worth giving your Midwife a call and get her advice not silly at all your just being sensible ! Maybe send some pics to your GP if he’s not get any better ?
I hope he’s settle down xx

Thanks for your reply!

I did think it was just red cheeks at first but they’re rashy and bumpy if that makes sense. And the rash has started to dry out. I did try to get a photo but he wasn’t having it!

I noticed a rash starting on his body tonight, but he does seem better in himself which does mimic the symptoms I’ve read about slapped cheek.

I’ll phone my midwife tomorrow and I’ll get a picture for the gp so they can confirm what it is xx

Ahhh yeah that makes total sense !
I’m glad he’s picked up and seems better in himself but I’d just check with your Midwife

Hopefully he will be even better tomorrow ! xx

I'm glad he seems better in himself and hopefully he's fully recovered soon :hugs:

Just an update, I phoned my midwife and she said they check at your booking in appointment bloods to see if you’ve previously had slapped cheek. She was checking the results and would get back to me. GP confirmed it was definitely slapped cheek. I didn’t hear from the mw so I assumed all was fine. Until she phoned this afternoon to tell me I’ve had no previous exposure so I’m at risk of getting it so I need to go for frequent blood tests to make sure I’ve not contracted it from him x

Oh gosh ! Fingers crossed everything will be ok!

So glad you spoke to your midwife . Is your DS better now ?x

Thanks @Bevziibubble

@Babybump87 he’s so much better thanks. He still has the rash on his cheeks and now has a rash all over his body, but he doesn’t feel unwell or have a fever so I’m sure he’s over the worst of it xx

awwww I hope he gets better soon hon.

I wanted to keep this thread updated in case anyone reads it in the future. I got my blood results today and I have now been exposed to the virus which is less than ideal. It was just a receptionist who called me and told me my result was positive and asked if I wanted a doctors appointment. I didn’t see the point in that and would rather speak to my mw so I’ll phone her tomorrow and we’ll go from there. I think the worst time to catch it is before 20 weeks so I’m praying all will be fine, but of course after a quick Google I’m a bit worried x

Oh lovely hope your ok !!

The dreaded Google search why do we do it to ourselves !

Your nearing the end of your pregnancy now so fingers crossed everything will be ok! Good luck with the midwife xx

I hope you're okay hun! Been thinking of you all morning <3 I read before 20 weeks is the worst time to catch it. It doesn't cause any birth defects and the worst that can happen is baby may be anemic when born, but I think that's rare. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->