Possible TMI, recurrent yeast infection

Mabv812

Reaction score
I treated my first yeast infection in March, it took a long time to go away. But after I was done treating it the NP said it was normal to still have some irritation afterwards, as the yeast damage the tissue.

Now fast forward to now. I have been switching on and off different birth controls trying to find one that works. IUD, then mini pill due to breastfeeding, then regular combo pill. I have had spotting about the entire time since I had my baby, until a week ago.

I was feeling intermittent irritation in my vagina for about a week and worried it was yeast infection. Finally I was feeling very itchy one morning and decided to start clotrimazole. I went to see PCP and they wouldn't do a swab because I had already started clotrimazole. I was much better for the 7 days I did treatment, even though I still had the intermittent irritation. TODAY...first day off med and I woke from sleep very itchy. I'm not sure if this is the "continued irritation after treatment" thing the NP was talking about.....or if it's just still there. It's 4th of july....I'm out of town...no way to see a doctor idt. I put some vaseline on it for a little bit of relief.

What is this?? yeast returning? tissue damage? NOT yeast infection? (they tested me in march for all the other fun stuff btw)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->