Possible to change sleeping times?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
My 4 month old is capable of sleeping 3-4 hours at a time... But her nighttime pattern is:

- 9.30pm-12/1am
- Up every 45 minutes to an hour until 4/5am
- 4/5-8.30ish am

Unfortunately I don't seem to get to sleep myself until 10.30pm and then my 4yo is up at 6. So I never benefit from her sleep!

She doesn't nap in the day at all, she just stays on the breast for ages and ages sleepily sucking at the end of a feed so I guess she gets some sleep like that, or occasionally in the carrier... She barely let's me put her down in the day at all.

There must be a way to get her longer stretches nearer the middle of the night! If she could do 4 hours then a feed then 4 hours then I'd feel like a new woman!!

I think the lack of day sleep will be harming her night sleep. Emma also hangs out on the boob drifting in and out of sleep. You think the baby is tired and gonna sleep so move them then their eyes fly open and you have to start again!

I look like a lunatic, but I put Emma in her pram and walk around and around the outside of the house. I'm sure people think I'm weird but I don't care. I can't get her to nap any other way. Sometimes it takes 20 minutes and she screams for half of it, and sometimes I have to go and push her again after she's only been asleep for 5 minutes, but that's all that works here.

I also know you've said Juniper is a happy chucker, but reflux could be causing her to wake or stop her from sleeping so easily. Emma is also a happy chucker, but she does choke on vomit in her sleep and she will always wake up if her top feels wet. Doesn't care about a wet nappy but hates moisture under her chin.

Emma's been baby worn since birth and I find it is useless for getting her to nap, all she does is push her face into my chest and scream because she can smell me but there's no boob in her mouth. Sigh.

Is there a particular reason why you can't sleep till 10:30? Is it that you actually can't fall asleep or are you spending time with your OH? I was in bed by 8:30 when Emma was smaller and didn't sleep as well but I'm also up till 10:30 these days as OH and I play minecraft together every evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->