Possibly 6 weeks pregnant. Questions the U/S tech asked...

ladysarcasma

Reaction score
I went to the doctor because I was having pelvic pain and every possible symptom of pregnancy (I've been pregnant twice and know very well how it feels). I had faint positive tests that started turning seemingly negative.

In the office, she did a urine test that she determined was negative. She did a pelvic exam and then immediately ordered a quantitative HCG test, a CBC, LH, and other blood work as well as a transabdominal and transvaginal ultrasound. She then told me to make an appointment at the office to discuss the results.

I had another u/s done a year ago for pelvic pain only, but after the exam, the doctor only sent me for the u/s because I insisted that I needed more information and then said she would call with results. So this scares me a little.

I had the tests done yesterday, the u/s last night. During the test, the tech asked me all kinds of questions including whether or not I had an IUD (I never have), how old my kids are (I've had 2 c-sections so I assumed she saw scarring), and what kind of bladder surgery I had. When I told her I had the bladder surgery as a child, she said "Oh ok I thought maybe it was something caused by your pregnancies).

I was having pain mostly in my left side, but all the pictures she was taking seemed to be pretty centered, not that I know how an u/s works, just where the equipment was at the time.

She really wasn't one for small talk so these questions seemed to have a purpose. Why would she ask if I had an IUD after the transabdominal? Did she see something there? I'm kind of scared that there's something wrong. I don't have an appointment for 3 days to discuss the results. Would the doctor call me before that if there was a problem? Or a pregnancy?

I'm sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place, but I really couldn't find an appropriate forum for it. Thanks for any help.

I don't know that you will get called in any earlier than your appointment, maybe.

The 3 days is likely the next available that allows time for the pics to be processed, sent to doctor, and then reviewed by doctor.

She was maybe asking those questions to find out if there was something specific or somewhere specific to look to find trouble immediately. Likely just covering bases or the most common causes for such pain.

An IUD could make ectopic more likely but there is no way they would have you wait 3 days if it was.

Thank you. I had that thought about the IUD but I was confused about why she asked about it after the abdominal scan and before the internal. I know I sound extremely paranoid.

Got a call from the doctor today. She asked if she had ordered blood work for me. I said she did and that I'd gotten it drawn the same day I did the u/s. She reminded me I have an appt on Friday to discuss results but didn't say anything about the u/s results. The last time they did an u/s they called and said it looked fine.

I'm just scared now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->