Possibly a bit TMI..

Discussion in 'Two Week Wait' started by KatBar, Oct 2, 2013.

1. KatBar

KatBar ~Lucky mumma of 2 boys + girl on the way~

I have read that in the very early stages of pregnancy, when you start to get increased amounts of creamy CM, that it can give off a bit of a mild odor, and have actually read posts from some ladies saying that it is a very distinctive smell.. Has anyone experienced this themselves, or heard of it before?

I dtd with my oh twice last week, and possibly o'ed late in the week/over the weekend.. So even if I am lucky enough to have had a sperm meet the egg, is highly unlikely it would have implanted yet - and I'm having zero symptoms of any kind. BUT, I have noticed today that I've been getting the creamy CM & it is a bit smelly.. Not badly, but enough that I notice it, which I don't normally notice (that I can remember).

So don't want to get my hopes up yet, but was interested in other ladies experiences..

2. mangotango

mangotango Well-Known Member

Interesting question...I also had creamy white lotion-like CM yesterday (I never get creamy CM) and I am either 11 or 15 dpo today (can't tell with my temps, it looked like I O'd sooner and then It looked like maybe later). Plus I've had EWCM multiple days over the past 2 weeks. The CM threw me yesterday and gave me hopes. But I did notice a very strong smell that I never noticed before...I know it's not a yeast infection.
    I'm hoping it's a good sign for both of us! I had some stabbing pains over the weekend that were abnormal for me...hoping it's implantation.

Good luck dear!

3. x Zaly x

x Zaly x Mum of three

I have also been having creamy cm, it has a yellow tint to it which never happens. Anyone else got this? Mine also smells different, not bad but i never usually smell it. I hope this means good things for us!!

4. KatBar

Thanks for your response! Hopefully it is a good sign for both of us! I did wonder if the strong smelling CM could be linked to having a stronger sense of smell.. However, I haven't really noticed that my sense of smell is any stronger than it usually is, so who knows..

5. KatBar

Yep, that sounds exactly like with me - yellow tint and a strong (but not yucky) odor! I think it normally goes yellow for me in the week before my period, but I have definitely never noticed an odor before either.

Fingers crossed it means good things for us all :)!!