Possibly interesting for us overweight/PCOS/Clomid users.

jessthemess

Reaction score
Start by saying... I'm comforted by information haha and thats why I chose to do something random like this in my spare time.

So I looked at 200 charts on Fertility Friend of women who were overweight, have PCOS, and are using Clomid, which I am also all three. This is my first cycle of Clomid, actually. My Dr. said it didn't entirely matter when I take the Clomid. I wondered if this was really true.

Theoretically speaking if it doesn't matter what day you take your Clomid than success rates would be similar across the board, right? Even if more people took it one set of days than another, the percentage rate of success should be similar, maybe give or take a few points.

So, okay, I looked at 200 charts, and marked down what days they took Clomid and whether or not they got pregnant. (Things I do not know from the charts which could effect or control the info, the dosage of Clomid taken, and how long they had been using Clomid.) Remember I only looked at the charts of women with PCOS, who were using Clomid and are overweight.

CD1-5: 0% (0/5)
CD2-6: 18% (4/22)
CD3-7: 21% (16/76)
CD4-8: 42% (8/19)
CD5-9: 44% (33/75)
CD6-10: 33% (1/3)
Overall: 31% (62/200)

Kind of interesting. About the same amount of woman took Clomid CD2-6 as CD4-8, but twice as many successfully achieved pregnancy on CD4-8.

Same as with CD3-7 and CD5-9, same amount of people, but just about twice as many successful pregnancies.

Another thing I noticed regarding miscarriage rates. I should have kept better track of the exact number but I believe it was 7 of the 62 pregnancies ended in miscarriage. Of those seven only one woman started Clomid on CD5-9, the other six women started their doses on CD2 or CD3. None on CD4.

Obviously this is just for the sake of something interesting for people like me who like information and not scientific or anything more than crunching numbers for theories sake. But I found it interesting, and it may sway me to take my first dose of Clomid CD5-9.

*Posted this Long term trying to conceive too. But just I'm really wondering what ya girls think.

Quite interesting...I'm not taking Clomid but I have pcos and if I ever get to that point I'll keep this in mind xx

Very very interesting. Looks like CD 5-9 is the clear winner.

Very interesting! :thumbup: Also for all the ladies here who try soy isoflavones and are not sure when to take it, I think. Thanks for that :hugs: will probably get the prescription for clomid after all the testing in October, going to take it on day 5-9 (like I do with soy isofavones at the moment) :winkwink:
Hope clomid works for you! How are you feeling on it so far?

When I worked in the OB/GYN clinic, the docs would tell the women to take clomid the day after the last day of their period. So I assumed that is how it was supposed to be taken. Perhaps that is why you see the increase starting at CD4-8. I know each doc has their own way of telling patients when to take it.

The doc I had, told me to take it starting on the first day of period. Within 2 months I conceived my daughter (She is 16 now). Perhaps it was the fact that I needed the help to have a period or perhaps it was just the clomid. I don't know for sure!

I have PCOS, am overweight and I am currently not taking clomid. But, I am not against trying it again..... Not sure how hubby would feel about that. But we'll see. :) I am 39 so I am more afraid of having multiples than I was when I was 22!

Best of luck all around!!!

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back