Possibly pregnant, need advice

ErinSheppard

Reaction score
I was taking birth control and had also taken antibiotics while having sex multiple days. I don't always take my birth control the same time every day and sometimes forget to take it at all. I had taken some antibiotics while on the pill and about 3 days after taking them I got my period like I was supposed to with the BC that I was taking but it wasn't very heavy. I had sex the 1,2,3 of September and started my period on the 6-9 it was pretty light but I didn't think anything about it. On the 15th of September I have some spotting that lasted about a day and a half but it was a darker pinkish almost brown color. I was scared that I may be pregnant so on the 23rd I stopped taking my BC every time I've stopped taking my BC in the past I've always started my period 2 days after I stopped taking it and I have yet to start my period. I have very sore and enlarged breast but they are not a darker color, I'm also getting some cramping but it's not near as painful as when I'm on my period, also when I stand up I become very dizzy. My period isn't supposed to start for another 8 days. What should I do?

I would take a test if even just to put your mind at rest.
Do you have someone you can talk to about it either way?

Have you thought about how you'd feel either way?
Do a test as soon as possible, and at least then you'll know where you are, the worst thing is worrying about it and not knowing.
Good luck hon, I'm sure you'll find support on here to help you through this time.

I'd be excited but I don't know if I'm in the position for all of this to be going on. I've worried myself sick and haven't even told m boyfriend yet, it's his birthday on Monday, that'll be one heck of a birthday gift if I am huh? It's just so weird to me that after I stopped taking my BC that I haven't started, not even the slightest feeling that I may. I'm a nervous wreck

I just came off BC and am going through similar symptoms but without any spotting. the only way to be sure is to take a test. By now, if it happened, it's already happened and you should just think positive about it either way. I'd wait a couple days and test, and if its' negative, test again in a couple days. If you're still feeling the same way, go to your dr and get a blood test done. good luck to you either way!

I took at test this am and it was negotive but I'm still not 100% about it. I still have 5 days before I "should" start. When would be a good time to test again?

I would test when you are supposed to start, so in 5 days. But if you're anything like me, you're impatient, so wait 3 or so days and test again. Good luck!

Oh yeah, impatient is my middle name. I'm still having the light lower cramps here and there and thick white discharge. I doesn't feel like I'm about to get my period, you know how usually you can tell with you body that your about to start.

I know how you feel and the waiting absolutely sucks. Your CM is supposed to dry up before your period so you just have to wait and see. I'm playing the waiting game too, except I'm on CD 37 and still no period. I also run to the bathroom all the time thinking she's here and nope, no luck. Let me know how it goes!

Are you saying that the last few times you had unprotected sex were Sept 1, 2, and 3? If so, you would most likely test positive by now. Maybe with your breakthrough bleeding, your body thought that was its period, and you're now much earlier in the cycle than you thought.

Regardless, I would keep testing every few days, and if your period hasn't come in a week or so, try talking to your doctor. That way you can make a plan for if you are pregnant, make a plan for if you'd like to get pregnant, or you can talk to her about different contraception that would be a better fit for you if you don't want to get pregnant. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->